Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Spoon Full of Sugar gone Girlie this week!

Yes, all the challenges are going girlie! This week A Spoon Full of Sugar has asked us to make a Girlie card - I was lucky enough to get to play with one of our sponsor's stamps for the challenge!

This week sponsoring our challenge is the Lovely Jennifer from D.R.S. Designs they have a whole bunch of fun images and sentiments!! And the image I found was just too wonderful! Gato my cat liked it anyway! :0)

This is a funny sentiment, but so true in so many ways.... For my card I went with papers from My Minds Eye LoveNest collection. Lots of glitter here, and I thought the color combo was perfect for a spoiled pampered cat. I chose three patterns and then dark brown card stock. I sewed everything together with zig zag stitching.
The image is colored with my Copics, and the cut out with Nesties. I added a ribbon to the corner, and stamped the sentiment right onto the more solid pattern paper, (it is hard to see in the photo but that paper has a sanded look to it)

My embellishment is three mulberry roses with a few bridal pearl sprigs as some added fun.

I do hope you will join us this week at A Spoon Full of Sugar - great prize, and we all love Girlie cards!

Have a great Tuesday - me... I am heading off to meet up with some friends from the old town we lived in to have lunch.  Haven't seen them all in a few months so it should be a nice time.

HUGS and -

7 comments:

Irena said...

Very beautiful card, lovely image, wonderful detail :)

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Michelle,i love your image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

cheryl said...

oh this is realy one gorjus card hun love it hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Peggie said...

Pretty card. Love the flowers and pearls. Oh and how true is that.

Rufus said...

Oh how very very true! Great card
R/

Buy Stamps Online said...

Really lovely card

Jona Panesa said...

loved your card!