Monday, October 26, 2009

Alota #21 Birgit's Clean And Simple Challenge

HI - happy Monday! I am trying remain positive here that the weekend is over already... LOL How about a Santa card? Alota Rubber Stamps has a brand new Santa.. that is just wonderful - and also a grand chair for him - along with children to sit in his lap and Mrs. Claus! But today I decided to just show off Santa - perfect for the Alota#21 challenge at PCP. Now this was a challenge to me - to make a "Clean and Simple" challenge - hmmmm no fluff.. no bling... no flowers... ok... this might hurt! LOL

I decided to go with a deep red card stock as my base - and then found a royal looking purple - love that color combo. That is how I went with my coloring of the chair - even though Hubby thought the chair should be green for Christmas. So I colored with my Copics to make everything have a deep dark rich look.After coloring I decided that Santa needed some fur for his coat. I don't have "white" Flower Soft, but I have off white - I don't think it looks too bad... white would have been better but had to work with what I had. So I glued on my "off white" Flower Soft and let it dry. Then I pop dotted Santa onto the chair to give him some depth.
Then I "ho ho ho" doodled around the edge of the image , matted on black card stock, then my layer of purple. It needed just a bit more... I know I know .. Clean and Simple - but really I just had to add at least one ribbon :0) so I found a purple that seemed to work and ran it as a band across the middle. ok... I guess.... It still had so much open space... Now this is where I heard myself telling a friend of mine, Tracey, who really had a hard time with lots of open space on her scrapbook pages... "it is ok... make peace with the open space" and then would all laugh... and here I sat staring at that open space and it was driving me nuts! So I doodled the edge with a white gel pen the same as I did around the image. Darn... wish I had just left it! It looked better as open space!! Oh well Tracey will probably call me down and tell me to do as I say! LOL!

So here sits Santa with a lot of Ho Ho Ho's - now how about you visiting the Alota Rubber Stamp PCP site and joining in on this "Clean and Simple" challenge. Great stamps up for grabs as the prize!! And let me tell you ... you join in a few weeks in a row and your chances go up for winning.. wink wink!


Have a great Day.. we are suppose to have some heavy rain today - good day to stay inside and work on sorting my craft stuff and cleaning out so it will all fit in my room -
HUGS and-

6 comments:

Lacey said...

Great card! I have a hard time with "Simple" as well. But the doodling really makes it work. Oh, and the off white flower soft gives it an aged look...perfect for Santa.
~Lacey

mueppi said...

Wow.... what a wonderful christmas card!!!!
Hugs Gisela

Rhonda Miller said...

Great card. I love the Ho Ho Ho border. What a cute Santa.

LaVerne said...

The card is above and beyond...love the dimension...enjoy the rain; it's raining here in New Braunfels...Yeah!!! the tanks are filling up and maybe Canyon Lake will come up a bit...great card!
LaVerne

Annie said...

such a fun card Michelle! Santa looks so comfy sat in his big chair waiting for the children to come and tell him their secret wish lists!
hugs, annie x

Cynde said...

Love your new Santa. I think the off white works well. makes his beard separate from the fluffy fut. Hes perfect.
Hugs
Cynde