Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Spoon Full of Sugar in the Kitchen!

This week Spoon Full of Sugar has a wonderfully fun challenge - a kitchen or cooking card. This gave me a chance to mix up some of my stamps! I knew I just had to use the stove from Alota Rubber Stamps, I just love it! I have so much fun coloring it. And just makes my "kitchen" card! Then I wanted to mix things up and pulled out one of the new Stampavie Sarah Kay Noel collection - very vintage and perfect match with the beautiful old stove. This is Noel Treats - and I thought she with her pretty little table full of presents and plates of yummie foods went well with the stove.

So I colored each of them with my Copics and then cut them out every so carefully. Now both of my pattern papers are scraps.. aren't you proud of me :0) Then again I don't know the name of the scraps.. but I am using up lots of scraps! I inked the edges, and then added a EK Success border punch across the bottom.
Then I added the sentiment from Greeting Farms - punched with the SU word window punch, and inked again. It needed just a bit of a home feel to it... so I used some off white twine and hand sewed some cross stitching on each side.

I like the old fashioned feel of this one - and now I can't wait to pop over to A Spoon Full of Sugar and see the rest of the DT cards and see what they "COOKED" up! LOL

Have a wonderful day - busy busy busy here... trying to get this room done is really getting to be a chore and things keep coming up that pushes everything off - we will get this done though!

HUGS and-

11 comments:

Annie said...

fabby combination of stamps Michelle.
hugs, annie x

Jo said...

Such a lovely fun card and I love the colour combo too. Jo x

Cynde said...

Darling card Michelle...Love the old stove and the way you colored everyting..Beautiful!
Hugs
Cynde

Alice said...

Beautiful card, Michelle!
Alice

Kittie said...

I love how you combined the images, Michelle. This is so sweet.

Jóna said...

Like it Michelle !!
Hugs :o)

Helene said...

Michelle your card is adorable I love how you created a vintage look. Great coloring too....wow
Hugs,
Helene

Sheila said...

Love the card and the beautiful coloring. I think the cross-stitch is a nice addition.

Sharon Caudle said...

What a wonderful card! I just love scenic cards and this is so cute! Glad I found your blog! I'll be back! hugs!

Maria said...

I love this card, Michelle
Hugs

Marcea said...

wow, what a lot of work sweetie but so worth it
gorgeous creation
-x-