Monday, October 19, 2009

Stampavie Challenge goes Spooky!

Hello - it is time for the Stampavie DT Blog challenge! And this week JayJay has asked us to create a Halloween card with any Stampavie image. hmmm now that is a challenge! At least it was for me. :0) I really stressed on this one!

I went through every image... and really was stumped for a while, then I decided to create a background with an Alota Rubberstamp image - The Spooky house was perfect - then I found the Sarah Kay Time for Apple Pie - now for this card I am thinking she is out trick or treating and has gathered a bunch of candied apples... hey it is my imagination, and that is where it was going.. LOL But it needed something more - so I pulled out Rachelle Anne Miller's Hoo Hoo There image! Owls watching down on her was perfect! I colored everything with my Copics.. cut out the Sarah Kay and the RAM Owls and went to work on the card.

I used a Core'dinations Vintage orange card stock for the base. With a black card stock on that that I sewed with orange thread. A scrap of the new Basic Grey Halloween paper was perfect to mat the house image with.
I pop dotted the SK and the RAM images on the card - and then added some Martha Stewart branch punches to the owls. Instead of a sentiment I used some of the last of some Happy Halloween ribbon. I actually was pretty happy with how it turned out - especially for how much I stressed about it for days! Whew... a harder challenge, but really fun!

Do pop over and see the other DT creations! Imaginations were really used here and they all came out so fun and wonderful! Then pull out your Stampavie images and give this a go yourself! REALLY do try - cuz the "secret prizes" have been wonderful! You just have to win to see for yourselves!

Gotta run.. Hubby is sick.. sigh - so lots of whining, and taking care of him. And also my craft room with just have to be put on hold until he is feeling better.. poor guy just doesn't do sick well at all... but I don't really know a man that does! LOL!

HUGS and-

9 comments:

Jóna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jóna said...

This card I do really LOVE Michelle !!!!!!
Hugs, Jóna

Annie said...

Hi Michelle! love how you created a little scene for this cute Sarah Kay image.
hugs, annie x

Rhonda Miller said...

Great card. I love the scene you have made. Those owls are cute.

DawnMarie said...

I love how you can create little scenes with lots of different stamps. A great card Michelle. Hope hubby gets better soon. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Linda w said...

Michelle I love this card. All of the different layers and the different images created a definite masterpiece.

thanks much

Danni said...

How very clever!! You really did a great job on this!
Hope your hubby feels better soon!

Kittie said...

This is darling, Michelle. I love that you added the house scene and popped the owls and girl out of the frame.

Cynde said...

What a Great Card.....I totally love how you put it all together. It looks so perfect! Hope your hubby feels better. (They need so much Attention when they are ill, don't they?) Mine does anyway. Hope you get thru it without getting sick..hugs Cynde.