Friday, October 16, 2009

Just Magnolias has gone Bright and Zingy!

Yep... you may need your shades this week at Just Magnolias!! We have all gone out of our comfort zones and gone with really bright and zingy colors! I think I went a bit too far - I think my card looks a little like some sort of 60's flash back in neon... but it is Bright and Zingy!

For my base I used a Bazzil Bling green card stock, then pulled out some K&Company pattern papers.. brightest I could find. For a band across the middle I used scraps of card stock my EK Success zig zag border punch and hot pink satin ribbon.

Tilda is colored with my Copics - except for her dress which I paper pieced so she would match the card - :0) I cut her with my Oval Nesties and created a scalloped mat with Nesties as well. I also did some doodling with a white gel pen and black fine marker.


And then in my stash I found these giant buttons - in the perfect colors - I figured I had not used them in years.. they never match anything - until today - so they just had to be used!

Now keep your shades on, and pop on over to the Just Magnolia's Challenge and see just how fun the rest of the DT's cards are!


Still working on the craft room... :0) But I did get some really GREAT news this week that I have been very excited about. I have been accepted into a Copic Certification class in December!!! Can't wait!

Well have a wonderful Friday! Tomorrow is Saturday Donkey/Libbie Day!
HUGS and -

10 comments:

Tab said...

Oh sweetie your card is gorgeous hun, you have captured the bright and zingy so well! Hope you are keeping well, sweetie! Congrats on making on the Copic course too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Annie said...

WOW! definitely zingy Michelle, and now I have that ONJ song "those were the days my friend" going on in my head! I blame you!
hugs, annie x

Maria said...

Hi !!! I receive my candy !!!!!!!
Thank so much , I'm so happy !!!!!!! I haved puted a photo on my blog.
Have a great weeckend

Rach said...

an awesome bright and zingy card sweetie, lovin tilda's dress.. hope that your craft room is taking shape and that you will soon be in it.. xxx

Mina said...

wow Michelle I love this card, fantastic colours and those buttons are stunning...love the paper pieced dress
Mina xxx

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, I love this card. Those colors are great. That is a cute image.

Jo said...

This is so bright and cheerful Michelle, it's great. Looking forward to Donkey Day tomorrow!! Jo x

Danni said...

What a wonderful, vibrant card!

Alley said...

Wonderful card especially on this rainy day for me. Love the colors and style of the card.

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card and I love the citrus colours and those big buttons look great!