Friday, October 23, 2009

A wonderful Sketch for Just Magnolias Day!

Just Magnolia time! Friday already... whew! And today's Just Magnolia Challenge is a BEAUTIFUL sketch by DT member Martine. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it - loved all the details.


While moving stuff around getting way to excited to move into my new craft room - I found a small collection of papers by Fiskars/Heidi Grace - and just loved how they went together. I planned the whole card around them and then went to look for a good Magnolia image. I just love her crocheted hat in this one - and she hasn't been inked up in a while so... she was my choice this week.

Colored her with my Copics and high lighted her with white gel pen, then cut her out with my Nesties along with a pink card stock mat. Then doodled the edges. I then used ribbon for the band on the left, and my sentiment is from The Greeting Farm - And then.. the mulberry roses.....

I have seriously gone overboard with these.. I just love them... I blame Bev my fellow Just Magnolias DT member, I adore her work - and just had to have some of them after drooling over hers on her cards - order LOTS of them in LOTS of colors, even the little rose buds here... But I will admit - they do make it hard to mail these cards don't they? LOL Oh well they go in boxes well!

Hope you enjoyed my card today - And do pop over and visit the Just Magnolia's Challenge and see all the other DT's wonderful cards with Martines fabulous sketch!

HUGS and happy Friday!



9 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Michelle, such a pretty card you made today with Tilda - I love the soft shades of the papers and the gorgeous roses.
hugs, annie x

Jilli said...

This is an absolutely adorable card, love the papers and the cute image. Your colouring is fabulous. Jillix

Kelly Schelske said...

So pretty Michelle! Love the flowers too!

Mina said...

stunning Michelle, I love the colours and the Tilda is perfect
Mina xxx

Danni said...

Such a pretty card...just love the soft feel to it!

Liz's creative corner said...

Love you card, she's a cutie love your doodling and those flowers look divine, great colouring as well xx

Hugs Liz xx

Kirsten Alicia said...

So pretty! I love the soft colours.

Ann said...

Thanks for sharing the critter pictures I look forward to Saturdays on your blog. Where did you order the mulberry roses from they are so pretty? You must be so excited to get into your new craft space, be sure to post pictures when you are settled in. TFS Ann Lind

BA said...

wonderful card michelle
xoxo BA