Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday's Just Magnolias!

Hello and Happy Friday! Wow this week went really fast! It is already Friday again and that is Just Magnolia's day! This week we have a wonderful sketch by DT member Mina!

I decided Edwin needed to come out and play.. and dug really deep into my Magnolias to find him fishing on the pier. I colored him with my Copics and then cut him out with my Nesties.

I followed the sketch using pattern papers from My Minds Eye - and then used red and cream gingham ribbon for all of the bands. I have really been using a lot of gingham lately :0) - Do you do that where you get on a kick for something and use it over and over then it goes away? Oh well.. love the ribbon!

For the "dots" on the bottom of the sketch I used fish charms! They are sewed thru the card with twine.I figured as long as Edwin was fishing he might as well have them lining up to be caught. All thought Hubby said they must already be dead floating up right like that! Men... LOL For the dots at the top I found three red buttons that actually matched.. that is a biggie in my button jar!

I kept it kind of simple cuz I figured this would be a good "man" card... so no foo foo items on it.

Hope you will pop over to the Just Magnolia's site and see the rest of the DT cards! Really amazing as always! and another great prize :0)

Gotta run... we are thinking we might have to close up the side of the addition and knock the hole thru into the house sooner than planned as the humidity is so high it will start to mess with the sheet rock... sigh... man Libbie is gonna be a nightmare keeping her out of there! My little dare devil gets into everything and tries to eat anything she finds... I need an alarm to go off when ever she gets to this end of the house! And man.. I can only imagine what the house is going to look like later today if he does hammer thru!!! AHHH

HUGS and have a great Friday!

14 comments:

Tracey said...

A fabulous card! Love the fish charms!!

Tab said...

oooh gorge card hun, loving this stamps and you gingham ribbon are delish!
Enjoy your week, hope your hole knocking through goes ok!
Hugs Tab xx

Candace said...

Excellent card. Your colouring is great and I just love the fish!
Good luck with your reno.

Lisa Lou said...

Love your card! The fish rock!!

Jingle said...

This is so cute! I really love those fish charms!

Danni said...

Oh how cute with the little fishy charms! Wonderful card!

Annie said...

Hi Michelle! fabby card with Edwin fishing, and love those charms. you could also enter this one for the CCT theme to use a charm on your card this week!
hugs, annie x

Ida said...

Super cute card and those fish charms are just adorable with your image.

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

I love the charms! They just give the card that little something extra without being too fussy.

Jo said...

Oh Michelle, you did make me chuckle today, being married to a fisherman that is the sort of comment that I would get too. Hope everything is going OK with the knock through and that Libbie is behaving herself!! Oh and I forgot I just love the card!! Jo x

okienurse said...

You are too funny saying the fish must already be dead floating up that way!! Another awesome card! I love your work. Wish I could draw a straight line! I am hopeless when it comes to doing what you do. Keep it coming it is awesome!

Kelly Schelske said...

So sweet! love the charms!

Hugs, Kelly

Alice said...

it looks pretty! love the fish charms!!!!
Alice

Nicola said...

I just love the fish charms. Awesome.

Hugs
Nic