Tuesday, October 6, 2009

MO's DIGITAL PENCIL'S CHALLENGE!

Hello again! Sorry for two post today... but I had two DT projects come up in one day :0) My exciting news that I mentioned earlier??? I was asked to join Mo's Digital Pencil's Challenge Design Team!!!!! I am SO excited! I have been seeing Mo's work all over the web - then I got the FABULOUS news that some of MO's favorite images will be coming to Stampavie this November as stamps! And then I just couldn't stand it anymore - the drooling over her store and out the window went my no spending freeze! :0) I had to get a few! And even before I had a chance to print and color I found out that Mo's was having a DT call... so I sent in some of my other cards - just to put my name in the hat..... could not believe my eyes when I got that wonderful email asking to join the challenge DT!!!! So today is day one! A sort of warm up challenge just to get us all going - I started to color up one of my new purchased images.. and then MO sent us this wonderful image... the header of our challenge! Bronte and Bella - I just love this! Too cute - the challenge for #1 is to use Purple Bronte and Bella's favorite color :0) Well it happens to be one of my favorite colors as well, so I was on board right away. I colored up the image with my Copics... making sure she was dressed in lots of purple! And would you love some purple boots?? I know I would! Man... too cool -
Then I went on to the card - I found some scraps of green gingham paper (no name, sorry using up scraps LoL) And then found this gorgeous dark purple dot paper from Papertrey Ink - I matted the image with the green - then some white card stock that I punched the edges with the Martha Stewart loop border punch top and bottom. I then punched the the sides with the Stampin Up slit punch and ran a purple satin ribbon through them. I tied a bow and placed it on the corner... then I went through all of my sentiment stamps - nothing seemed right, then I remembered I had just gotten a couple of new cartridges for my slice. I ran across the word "Therapy"... I went right past it, then went back. We all say that our hobby is our own therapy - I know it keeps me sane - well as sane as I can be :0) I cut the word on my MM Slice out of DCWV Nanna's boy Nursery purple dotted paper, and then cut a shadow out of white card stock, and stitched the edges with purple pen. Two flowers are punched from EK Success retro punches, jewelry spacer - mini brad and Martha frond punched leaves complete my card.


Now you just have to go and see MO's New Digital Pencil challenge site - meet all the new DT members and join in our fun! And you know MO... she will have lots of great prizes! I still am pinching myself.. I can't believe it is me on that DT list :0) And if you haven't visited MO's store... you just HAVE TO!!!! holy cow... I just go nuts there! AWESOME images! Go see for yourself HERE... but warning - I dare you to leave there without a long list of images you want!


Thanks for visiting me today.. and my two post :0) - today I am out helping hubby with my craft room addition! Despite all the "stress" yesterday..we got the ceiling up! Whew! And now today we put the ceiling trim up and then start on the sheet rock walls. It is really starting to be real! Soon we will knock through the wall and join the house. We haven't done this yet, as we wanted to keep Libbie and Gato out - and well the mess. But hopefully soon it will really be a part of the house... :0) I just can't stand it.. MY OWN CRAFT ROOM! not a corner of the bedroom... ok reality.. the crafts will move to its own room and I will have a bedroom again as I have pretty much taken it over and spilled out of my corner and all along the walls, just allowing a path to the bed and closet. Well I better get out there and help so it moves quicker!

HUGS and have a wonderful TUESDAY!

24 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Michelle this is adorable. I am loving the way you used that loopy punch. It looks terrific. Really great coloring. Good luck with your craft room.. I wish mine was done. I look forward to stamping on this team with you..

Norine said...

Michelle Congrats!!! well deserved your cards are just beautiful
love this one as well
Hugs
Norine

Sheila said...

Michelle, your card is just beauitful, I love Bella's gorgeous flame red hair, just stunning!!:).
Hugs
Sheila xx

Robin Brown aka Mrs Pup in NY said...

Congratulations Michelle. I was thinking of you when I seen she was looking do a DT person. I just knew it should be you. I love LOVE this image. You did it perfect with "Therapy". That is so fitting. I want a loop punch now that I see this cute card. I just bought me the Fond punch when it went on sale a Michaels because I seen how awesome it made your flowers and I loved it, had to habit. Thanks for being such a great inspiration to us all. I can't wait for you to have your craft room done. I am packed in a corner too, not fun.

Caryn said...

Hi Michelle - how cool we're now on 2 DT's together!! I now have three to post on a Tuesday as Passion for ProMarkers is today too! I feel bad for whoever gets pushed halfway down the page! Guess I'll have to rotate it!

This is such a gorgeous card and I love the colouring, the sentiment EVERYTHING.

Hugs teamie x 2!
Caryn xxx

shulsart said...

Michelle, I love your card, the bold purple with the greens is a wonderful combination. And you have colored Bella and Bronte perfectly. And yes, this is wonderful therapy for us all.

Jingle said...

This is REALLY cute! I love this one! It's just loaded with fun!

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

Congrats on making the design team! I just love her images. And you've colored Bella and Bronte beautifully! (Whoops, that was a bit more alliterative than I intended!)

Rach said...

Congratulations sweetie, love the card that you have made..fabulous papers and details.... xx

DawnMarie said...

Congratulations Michelle, great news about your DT acceptance, such wonderful images. I'm really looking forward to seeing your new craft room when its all finished. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Rhonda Miller said...

Congrats. Great card. I love the colors and that image is adroable.

Sharon said...

Hi Michelle xxx
Wow lucky you what great news. What a shame i wasn't around when the DT call came up. I love her images and would have applied.
But congratulations and i will definately be looking at doing the challenges, just love her images.
And I've got to tell you, I have two new donkeys!! Well they aren't mine but just a five minute walk down the road there are two donkeys called Mona and Mina. So we go down and feed and pet them now.

Looking forward to seeing your new Mo's cards. xxxxx

Archies Mum said...

Love the card Michelle, I think Mo has some brilliant images. Love the picture and colouring you've done. I'm hoping that father christmas will give me a voucher to spend at Mo's.

June Nelson said...

Amazing darlin, love the punched border you have used, its going to be really fun working alongside you on the team xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

Congrats on being part of Mo's design team. I love her images.
The card you made is awesome - great colors. Thanks for sharing.

TARJA L said...

This is really cute!Love the layout and colours are gorgeous.

Jo said...

Congratulations Michelle and your card is gorgeous. Jo x

Danni said...

Congrats!!! your card is just so cute!

Cathy said...

Michelle, creating is therapy wonderful card. Love the colors. Glad to be on the team with all of you talented ladies.

Jak Heath said...

fabulous it oozes fun.

Suzanne J Dean said...

Too cute--love all the trims, fab papers & cute lettering!

hugz,
Suzanne

Shelly said...

Congrats on making the design team, Michelle. Your card is fabulous.

The Wired Angel said...

Hello Michelle... I wanted to stop by and see your lovely work. And, I love your blog. I'm looking forward to working with you and getting to know you on the DT. Hugs, Peggy

Lisa said...

Michelle I'm so loving this card!