Monday, October 5, 2009

Stampavie all BOXED up!

Hello - Sorry missed yesterday - but WOW I couldn't get online most of the day! Remember all of the drought.. the need for rain? Well Feast or Famine!!!! From Midnight until 8AM we got 10-12 inches of rain! yes.. 10-12 inches!!! WE were really floating... donkeys were wading thru water all day! And guess what .. more rain is predicted all week... sigh all or nothing!


Well how about a project? Today's project is the Stampavie Challenge! And this week the challenge is to make a box.. yep any type of box, anything you like, and then decorate it with a Stampavie image.
I chose to start with the Gillian Roberts Mice and Mistletoe image.. just love it.. really sweet. I colored with Copics - I then backed it with pretty red and white elastic ribbon.

For the box I used a simple box template from Splitcoast Stampers - it is a 3x3 box and you can find the wonderful instructions HERE

I used a red card stock for the base, white card stock for the lid with a top of Red candy cane pattern paper - I believe it is from Imagination?? I added a sheer dotted ribbon around the edge. For the sides I decorated with pieces from the same collections paper. Then added some "bling"...

I hope you like my little box - I think I will save it for someone special to put a "gift" into! Now you can visit the Stampavie DT Blog and see all the DT boxes! OH MY.. there are some really wonderful 3-d items there!

Me.. I am going to go and see about some muddy donkeys :0)
HUGS and Happy Monday!

17 comments:

Jayne Hayward said...

This box is adorable. I do think the recipient will really love it.

Jayne xx

Caryn said...

This is SOOO sweet Michelle, I LOVE it.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Annie said...

Hi Michelle! I'm back home and catching up with everyone! love the box you made with those cute mice - I will have to have a go at this challenge. now to go check up with your other creations!
hugs, annie x

Jóna said...

Love this box, great work Michelle !
And I think I'm in love with this cute stamp :o)
Hugs, Jóna.

Redlady said...

I'm in love with those cute mice. They are so cheery.
Hope your babies are enjoying the wet.
Hugs Hilda

Norine said...

this box is just adorable love that image great job
Hugs
Norine

Frances said...

Hi Michelle,

this is just adorable. I just love those mice and you've made a lovely box for that 'special' gift. Hope the rain paces itself and doesn't get too bad for you. Fran x

Nancy said...

What a gorgeous box, Michelle:O) Love the wonderful papers, and the image is too cute! Fabulous colouring.
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Jingle said...

This is super cute!!!

Shelly said...

Your box is beautiful, Michelle. The image is so sweet and your coloring is awesome.

Rhonda Miller said...

Cute box. I'm loving that mouse image. TFS

Jo said...

Absolutely gorgeous Michelle, this image is so sweet. Jo x

Danni said...

So precious!! Totally adorable!

BA said...

oh michelle this is a absolutely sweet box. love the image and you coloring
xoxo BA

Rufus said...

Wow, that's an awful lot of rain in a short period! Sounds like maybe you'd better teach the babies how to swim! Hope they don't mind wet feet!
R/

Cynde said...

Michelle this box is adorable! I love the whole thing. Saw it on the Stampavie Site and wanted to make sure and tell you how beautiful I think it is!

DawnMarie said...

Oh I love it Michelle, so Christmassy and a gift in itself. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx