Friday, October 30, 2009

Just Magnolias - Monochrome!

Well it is all one shade! Well I take it as what the theme Monochrome means - and of course white doesn't count right? LOL oh well what ever you take the word to mean - Monochrome is the challenge at Just Magnolias this week and we want you to come a play with us!

I started off this week with the pattern papers - to make sure I stuck to the one shade thing, I pulled out a Papertrey Ink Pink Paper collection. Figured they were meant to go together and match so I would be safe to not stray to far off the target.

After I picked out a few of the pattern papers I decided that the paper patterns were perfect to paper piece a dress for Tilda - I dug back into my Magnolia box and found one of my old favorites that I have paper pieced in the past - her dress is perfect for cutting out and working well. I colored the "rest of " Tilda with my Copics.
I sewed down the different pattern papers with a shiny white thread. And then also used a Papertrey Ink ribbon as a band across the bottom. I didn't put a sentiment on this one... wasn't for sure what it would be a good card for, and thought maybe to just send a note to someone.

So now what color are you thinking of using? I do hope you will pop over and visit the Just Magnolia challenge site and join us! Another great prize again this week and of course fabulous cards from the rest of the DT -

HUGS and Happy Friday - see you tomorrow for Donkey and a special Libbie day :0)

7 comments:

Lacey said...

Very Cute! I love the layout and the pattern paper you used. Great image for piecing!
~Lacey

Mina said...

gorgeous card Michelle, I love those yummy papers and such a beautiful colour
Mina xxx

Ila said...

This is Gorgeous!!...the color and papers are Wonderful..and I love the paper piecing!!...Hugs, Ila

Sheila said...

I love the card and the colors - the monochrome look is nice for a cahnge.

Jo said...

I just love this card, absolutely brill. And it's Donkey and Libbie day tomorrow, can't wait!!! Jo x

Kelly Schelske said...

Beautiful Michelle! Love the paper piecing and this beautiful color!

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

This is beautiful.A lovely colour.x