Friday, October 2, 2009

Just Magnolias - is making up some flowers!

hello and happy Friday! Today is Just Magnolias day and the challenge this week is to make up your own flowers! Now you can be a detailed or simple as you like, we just ask that you make your own flowers - there is a wonderful tutorial on the challenge blog so you can start there if you are stumped, but you don't have to make those if you have ideas of your own.

For me... I saw these really cute circle country flowers on one of the forums... I thought wow those are really cute... I bet I can make them... well I am not to sure mine turned out as well... LOL but hey I had fun trying them.

I first started with one of my newer Tildas.. I colored her with my Copics and then cut her out.

Then I moved to finding pattern papers - I just got the new My Minds Eye collection Dreamy 2. Really wonderful colors and patterns. I chose a few of the patterns, especially the words pattern - perfect for a card for a girl friend! I created a lace border with the Fiskars Border punch out of the red pattern - I like how bold that turned out, especially since the pattern paper background was white.

I sewed the edges of all the pieces, and then sat Tilda on the corner of the one box. This is also where I put my Sentiment "Girlfriends Forever". Then I went to work on those "flowers" I say that loosely.. LOL

I punched out three sizes of circles in different patterns. I very lightly wet.. or moistened them... then scrunched them up to tiny balls... carefully opening them back up and using my fingernail to rough up the edges. "Distressing" them - I then stacked them and using white twine I sewed on buttons. Then I added four punched leaves that I inked and use white gel pen on. hmmm still not sure about these flowers.... But hey I had been wanted to try to make them.. and I did.. I either need more practice at them or need to give up! LOL OH well they are different! And I made them myself. And that was the point of the challenge! Now to see some really gorgeous flowers from the rest of the Design Team.. pop on over HERE


Now this post is scheduled to come on.. cuz right now I am at the air port seeing off my Sister's family! Today is the day they wing off to Disney World, and the Dream Factory and American Airlines is throwing them a big party to send them off - I am sure there will be news crews, and lots of people there... The only bad thing.. this party... is at 5:30 - - - - AM!!!!! nuts huh? I told my Sister I really didn't know if I they were worth getting up at 4:30AM to be at the air port at 5:30AM.. but we all know they are, and this really is a huge deal for them. I am so happy for them, they really deserve it!

HUGS and I'll let you know how the party is tomorrow on Donkey/Libbie day!

8 comments:

Judi said...

Just wanted to say how much I like your card, and I don't know about you, but I love your flowers, I think they look really cool, so don't give up on them.

Hugs Judi xx

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute Michelle! I think the flowers look great!

Such a big day for your sister's family! I'm so excited that they are able to enjoy this and wish them a fabulous trip!

Hugs, Kelly

Jo said...

Michelle your card is fab and I love the flowers, my sort of flower, not too fiddley or fussy!!! Jo x

Mina said...

fabulous card Michelle those papers are gorgeous and your tattered flowers are amazing how come mine never look that good lol
Mina xxx

Danni said...

I love your flowers! You did a great job! Very cute card!

Maria said...

Hi Michelleo !
I want to tell you that the pakage has arrived here to Argentina, but It's still at the customhouse.
This week I will surely find the time to got and fetch it.
Have a nice weekend !

Kristie W. said...

Very cute! I love your flowers!!

Shelly said...

Beautiful card! I love the flowers you made.