Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mo's Digital Challenge #4!!! Fancy Folds -

Wow!! It has been a month since Mo's Digital Challenge started up? Seriously! Time has just flown by this month! Well Sandy the October DT host has asked up to make fancy folds - anything other than the normal folding A2 card -

Now, somewhere is all of this mess - I have a pattern for some really neat folded cards. Since I found out about this challenge I just knew that was what my plan was - when I got a chance to sit down and work on my card - well I can't find it in any of the stacks.. boxes or piles of craft stuff! So I just had to wing something and I know this isn't very creative - but well... my MOJO seems to also be packed up!!

For my image I was so excited to use one of Mo's newest images. This is Friday's Child. Have you seen her children of the week images? Oh they are all wonderful! But this one just really jumped out to me - isn't she beautiful! I adore her dress - really fun to color. I used my Copics - and then Spica Glitter Pens.. hard to see in the photo I know, but she has a sparkle to her dress!

Now for the "folds"... I started with a standard 6x6 card stock base, then a second just the same and flipped in over so one opened to the left and one to the right. Does that make sense? I then cut out Friday's Child and attached her to the left fold. I then found a piece of cloud paper and attached it to the right fold. Both sides were cut out around the shapes.

On the clouds I used the Greeting Farms sentiment Whimsical Wishes - I doodled around the edges with a Spica Glitter pen and stickled the clouds.

For the inside of the card I used some new Cosmo Cricket papers - Earth Love. Really pretty collection, I got the 6x6 pad - may have to get another! I doodled the edge of it, added some buttons at the top, and the corner rounded the sentiment mats - and that sentiment....

Again from Greeting farm - I love it!


Now pop on over to Mo's Digital Challenge and see some really GREAT folded cards! Oh and in case you missed my post yesterday - there are links to some great free Mo's images!

Have a wonderful Thursday - me... we are suppose have lots of rain today - but Hubby and I are suppose to be inside working on the addition so we will be inside dry - I can see an light at the end of tunnel!!! This addition is going to be really wonderful in a very short time! I know I have been saying that for a while now.. but you know how these things go... :0)

HUGS and-

15 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is VERY creative.. I love the inside.. That is so cute.. This image is so sweet.. I love the sweet little bird on her hand...Super job Michelle..

Lacey said...

Great card! I love your creative fold and the image is too sweet!
~Lacey

Cathy said...

Michelle, Beautiful design and coloring. Perfect folds for this image!

Sheila said...

I adore your cute Friday's child Michelle, gorgeous papers you've picked out for it too.
hugs
Sheila xx

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

Oh my, that card is just beyond lovely! The design and the coloring are stunning!

Jo said...

A lovely idea and so cute, Jo x

shulsart said...

Michelle, very clever card, love the clouds behind the little girl. Great challenge fold.

Annie said...

wow Michelle what a fabulous card! I love the fancy fold, the cute image and that just perfect text.
hugs, annie x

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE!This card is amazingly beautiful. I love your work!!! A+++
~Heidi

Lisa Lou said...

What a fantastic creative card!! Love it!

DawnMarie said...

Aw Michelle this is so sweet. A beautiful image and the papers are beautiful, I love the clouds. The sentiment is beautiful, I can see why you love it. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Suzanne J Dean said...

Absolutely Beautiful! Love the whole design with this gorgeous image--perfect!

hugz,
Suzanne

Elaine L. said...

Oh, I love this fold! Very unusual, and that image is so sweet!

Mina said...

believe me Michelle if this is anything to go by there is nothing wrong with your mojo girl...wow I love this simple but stunning fold
Mina xxx

The Wired Angel said...

Your mojo is terrific Michelle! Adorable card.. and I love reading about all your donkies! They are adorable. But your pup doesn't look too thrilled! Happy Halloween, Peggy