Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dust It Off Sunday - A Cocoa Bean Scrapbook Page

I "Dusted Off" one of my collected stamps. A Collected Stamp you ask? Well these are my stamps that I purchased as part of my Donkey collection. One day I am just gonna have to show you some of my Donkey collection aren't I? Anyway, I have a number of stamps that I have found over the years with donkeys on them. I get them as a cross market type of thing. Donkeys and my love of stamps. Today I decided to literally dust off one and actually ink it up!

This page started out with me trying out a new technique. I have been just dying to get and use some Gel Medium to do some image transfers. That Donna Downey :0) She has really enabled me to buy so many really cool products that I would have never even looked at, and now I am totally hooked on. And this Gel Medium stuff... oh my!! I am TOTALLY over the moon with this stuff. SUPER easy... I printed a photo of a sunflower I took a while back. Just printed it out normal on my ink jet printer. Tore it out of the page, then painted my piece of card stock the same size, laid the flower face down. Waited a minute or so... then carefully pulled it back up. Rubbed off with my finger the left behind paper and OH MY.. (I said that didn't I?) How cool is this paper now??? I then decided even though this was just my test for my first time use of the product that I couldn't let it go to waste. So I created a 8x8 Scrapbook page. :0)

My Standard Lady Donkey Cocoa Bean. She is gorgeous. Sewed things all together with a zig zag stitch, added a Papertrey Ink ribbon, Thickers Letters to spell out her name (really dusted these off as they were super old!), a few rhinestone flowers and then My Collected Stamp. I got this stamp cuz it really reminded me of Cocoa. It is from Wildlife Enterprises. I stamped it out with Cocoa Brown ink (appropriate) and then cut it completely out. Simple embellishment. And happy to have inked up this stamp.

Ok.. so you want to see the Gel Medium so you know what to RUN out and get? You can see it HERE on Donna's website. Totally in love with this cool product. I may try and transfer everything I print now! :0)

Hope you like my fun little page. Started as a scrap trial and ended up a sweet Cocoa Bean layout!
Have a wonderful Sunday... me I am sitting on total red alert watching for puppies -
HUGS and

6 comments:

BA said...

this is fabulous my dear
xoxo BA

Kirsten Alicia said...

Fab page, I love the donkey stamp. Ad yes, Donna Downey is completely wonderful.

Lucy said...

Adorable!

kendell said...

Awesome page. Thanks for sharing. Kindest regards kendell

Carol Dee said...

Cool Page, I am going to have to look into that transfer gel! I am a stamp collector too. For my it is Dragonflys and Moose! Hugs...

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is a really sweet creation, gorgeous colours and fab details, hugs pops x