Friday, June 3, 2011

Just Magnolias and Hanglars - Anything Goes with a side of Lace

Today at Just Magnolias and Hanglars Challenge it is our Anything Goes theme... and this week there is a side of Lace if you would like, or not..

My card I used just a bit of old lace across the bottom of the card, after having fun stamping and masking the two adorable Hanglar bike riders.

I stamped the girl first, then masked her off with a scrap piece and stamped the boy riding behind her. I thought the girl should be in the lead you know... I colored everything with my Copics, and shaded a bit with pencils. Really had fun coloring this one!

Then for my card I went with bright fun October Afternoon papers. Seemed to have all the colors I had used in my image. It isn't often I color without picking my paper first, but I was having so much fun I just took off! Everything is layered and sewed down. Including that lace across the bottom. My sentiment is from Papertrey ink and had the fun feel for the image. Fo my embellishment I went with a rhinestone flourish! I think my thinking was that it was a bit like the wind... LOL who knows with me sometimes. But then just the flourish there wasn't enough. So I punched out some tiny EK Success Retro flowers out of a scrap of the pattern paper, and folded them up a bit and centered them with dark purple stickles.

Doesn't make much sense but I was having fun with it. Make sure to see all the DT cards at Just Magnolias and Hanglars Challenge then join us ok?

Sorry a bit short today. We had Chica fixed this week, and I have been really paying a lot of attention to her, and making sure that Autie doesn't rough house with her. Poor little baby is a bit sore and isn't liking moving around a lot. She should be better by the weekend.

Have a wonderful Friday - and we will see you for some Animal Crackers Saturday!
HUGS and

1 comment:

Carol Dee said...

SWEET, love them on the bicycles. Sucha fun bright card. Sending a get well snuggle for chica, too. Hugs...