Monday, June 13, 2011

My Stampavie Penny Johnson Vintage Bird house

Ok I have to admit this is one of those rare times where I am totally happy with the end result of a project. This Bird House just makes me smile. And I do believe I am going to have to make another one as soon as I can get another one at JoAnn's. This plain wood bird house was on sale, I don't think I even paid $5.00 for it. And take a look at it now.....
Again it just makes me smile :0)

There are three of the new Penny Johnson’s new Vintage collection stamps used. The Blossom Birds for the front and then for the back Chandelier and La Chaise – birds need great lighting and a chair to sit on too right?

The wood house is painted with plain cheap acrylic paint that I swear I have had for 100 years. Really shook it up well and it was ready to go. The corners and edges I rubbed just a bit of Distress Ink.

I then added a whole bunch of things from my misc. embellishments – Scalloped card stock for the roof, punched with EK Success Jumbo Scallop punch – Large Bling – Wooden Flourishes – Metal frames – Corners and Decorative Papers. This was so fun to make. Started out a really cheap plain wood bird house and then after a little paint and some fun I have one Styling Bird House!!


Here is the back -
Oh and the other side view -

Hubby asked what I was going to do with it. UH.... NOT HANG IT OUTSIDE....wouldn't last a week out there, this is a decorative bird house - just for shelf sitting and again making me smile.

Hope it made you smile too -
HUGS and -

9 comments:

Anne said...

oh Michelle this is absolutely stunning!!! I love it
Anne x

Marley said...

Its beautiful! hugs Marley

Dee in N.H. said...

That came out beautiful! Made me smile too!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wow, that's so beautiful.

Lynn said...

I saw a shelf of those at Joann's just yesterday. Yours makes me wish I had gotten one. Beautiful.

Carol Dee said...

I love it, it will look great in your crafting room. It must have been fun to make. :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh that is so adorable, love your bird house and the images you put on it......you so need to run down and get more!

Rufus said...

That just made me smile!
Thanks,
R/

Shelly said...

This is truly exceptional, Michelle!
It does indeed bring a smile to my face.