Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Me and My Space - I found some goodies! New and Old!

Today I thought I might show you a couple of new goodies I found this last week - Old and New.

The new first - I went into Micheal's last week and had my blinders on, just going in to get the one item I "needed" and then back out. LOL Famous last words right? I did get the one item, and then a couple of things I am planning to use for up coming DT work.. and a new Martha Stewart Punch... and then all of these!!!
Did I need all of these sentiment stamps???? NO! But seriously - how cute are they! They were all in their dollar stamp section, and guess what.. I had my little 20% off your entire purchase coupon! So I got them for 80 cents each! We always can use more sentiment stamps right? We have to have more sentiments for all the new images we need too! LOL I really do think these are cute, love the mixed fonts. I may have gone overboard, there are no duplicates - but I think I still may need to go through them and share! LOL

But then I HAVE to show you the old item I found!!!!!!!! I am sooooo excited about what I found! We were in an antique mall and I came across this adorable little metal drawer box. Do you know what it is?
It is not real big - 6 inches tall - 6 inches wide and 8 inches deep. Reminds me of an old filing cabinet. But do you know what it is???

Now it is cute ... but here is the TOTAL bonus when I peeked in the bottom drawer!!!!!
 OH my... Yep it is a watch repair box. This one drawer is full of TONS of vintage watch faces! All Shapes and sizes! I was so excited. Hubby thought I was nuts. Then once I bought it and had it in the car and was showing him all the stuff inside, I think he was impressed too.
The top three drawers are FULL of all kinds of watch parts. Springs, winders gears... you name it! Most of these are still in their original little envelopes.

So the parts are fabulous, but I even Love the little envelopes! Total win win purchase! AndI think it was pretty cheap! I paid $35.00 for it, and was over the moon! Heck I paid $1.50 for one watch face in a shop not long ago.... Now I have more faces than I know what to do with!!!

Hey... maybe I can share a few of these too??? HMM... I am thinking I am going start my next Blog Candy stack - so look for that coming up ok?

HUGS and -

15 comments:

Judi said...

Oh WOW Michelle, what a great buy the drawers were, and lovin' those stamps.

Hugs - Judi x

Maryann Laursen said...

WOUW you lucky girl LOL. Everything is just so fantastic, and I admit, I´m deadly jealous ha ha ha. We can´t get anything like this here, where I live. If I would be lucky enough to just find a single stamp like these, I would have to pay at least 10$ for it, but it´s not somwething that happen once a year even, and then to find suxh a lot this cheap, that´s definately a stea. And this little cabinet and all filled with these awesome things for just 35$? That´s definately another BIG steal too ha ha ha. You are just soooo lucky, and I can´t wait to see all the gorgeous creations, you´ll make with all these wonderful goodies. Congratulations with such awesome findings hun.

Dee in N.H. said...

What a FABULOUS find!!!! You are going to have a blast with that stuff!

Carol Dee said...

I am EXCITED, too! What fabulous finds. LOVE all thos fun word stamps from Michael's (I always get more than I went in for!) And that watch repair box... oh the fun you will have with that. Thinking Steam Punk :) Masculin, etc... Have a wonderful Wed. Hugs...

Helene said...

Looks like you find a really treasure!

ednamburgess said...

Wow, what a fabulous find. Love the little chest with all the goodies inside. The watch parts will make fabulous mens cards and good for graduation and whatever. I can think of lots of things to do with them. Edna

Sandy said...

Wow, going to Michael's next week, hope I can find me some $1 sentiments too. YOU NEVER CAN HAVE ENOUGH SENTIMENTS!!
Now that mini file cabinet--no kidding that's a STEAL!! Ikea's "start the car..." commercial comes to mind:) Have fun with the goodies:)

Jingle said...

WOW! That is an amazing find!!! Ho cool!!!

Karen McAlpine said...

Great haul. Love the sentiments for 80 cents. Fabulous find with the little chest. If only it could talk, what an interesting story it would tell. Have fun with all the new goodies.

Anita said...

What an amazing find! Have fun with all the goodies!

Martina said...

Seems this was your lucky day, eh? ;) So many great sentiments sooo cheap!! Oh my!! And then this real treasure chest you have found! Amazing!!
Martina

Marga said...

Wauwwwwww why dont whe have a Michals here :( i love the sentiment. And that old stuff you are a lucky girl Michelle

Big hugs Marga

Jóna said...

OMG !!!! Michelle, you have a big treasure !! You should see my face now, it's green (of envy) and it douse not suits me at all lol! I wish I could buy things like this, I love them :O)
I do have to be glad for you though :O)
Hugs, Jóna

Rufus said...

WOW, did you have a winning day or what!? I never get to the dollar bin before all the great stuff like this is gone. As for your little clock makers chest, it's incredible! I'd have been over the moon too. Can't wait to see what you'll create.
R/

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

how exciting!!! The watch faces alone are worth it, but what a cute little goodie to find, you can store all kinds of small stuff in there too.