Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Spoon Full of Sugar - Summertime!

I guess it is official - Summer is here. Kids are all out of school now, and the hot weather has gotten a bit hotter. Good time for the Spoon Full of Sugar Summertime theme then. To use Summer Colors or images on your cards - Me I went with colors... and one of the newer Stampavie Tina Wenke images... "Leanne and Hedgie"
I colored with my Copics and then shaded with Prisma Pencils. Totally adorable image!! I cut it out with Nesties Label 11 - And then drew in the matting with a Copic.

For my card I went with trying my hand at an twisted easel card... ok.. not so sure I pulled it off. LOL It really is easy - well from the instructions it sounded easy. Fold the top of your card diagonally in towards the inside of the card, then it can be folded in and stand up - But I think I stood mine up to much, cuz it isn't looking twisted to me ... just odd. Well I'll try again soon and see if I can do it right. My pattern paper is from DCWV Whimsy stack. Love the embossed glitter of the paper.
Here is my card standing... see... standing just a bit much huh? LOL I added buttons all round the card. I wanted to add flowers, but I really thought this card needed to stay more simple and not cover all the flourishing of the papers.

I hope you will spin on over to Spoon Full of Sugar and see all the Summertime cards - and then join for a chance at the prize.

Since I went out on a limb and tried the twisted easel card - I might as well list it over a Splitcoast Stamper for their Twisted Easel Challenge :0) Hope they like it, even if it didn't twist just right!

Have a great Tuesday! HUGS and -

9 comments:

petra,s cards said...

wauw verry sweet card!!
xx petra

Kirsten Alicia said...

Such a pretty card. Any new arrivals yet?

Carol Dee said...

I checked the twisted easel card gallery at split coast. You did fine! Love the hot summer colors, sizzling swirls and adorable image. Stay as cool as possible. Hugs...

♥ Sonja Bekker ♥ said...

Hi Michelle

Wonderful creations!!
Love these bright colors ,makes everyone happy;)
Cute buttons.

hugs
sonja

okienurse said...

I think your card is great. Beautiful colors and image!! I found making mine, both the easel and twisted easel, that you can make them tall or shorter looking by where you place the stop, the button or whatever holds the card/twist up. I just play it by ear when I make each card. Any new babies yet? IT is so hot right now. Poor critters! Vickie aka okienurse

Kelly Schelske said...

It's fabulous Michelle! So bright and Cherry, you can't help but smile!!

Helen said...

what a great card. Good luck with the challenge!

♥...Mo...♥ said...

I love it!!!
great card
hugs

Peachy Wessels said...

I love this cute stamp set and your try at a twisted easel card! I am intrigued, but as yet, have not tried it out! At least you did that!