Friday, June 27, 2008

Anyone want a Cat cheap?



I don't really want to get rid of Gato. But there are moments I really think I need my head checked on agreeing to this critter. I love her dearly, and she has become my cat, but this kitten thing really needs to pass soon and it has only just begun! Oh and she didn't hurt the card, I started to scream and throw her out of my photo tent, but then decided I needed to take one quick photograph first. Then yell at her!




Ok, the card that Gato almost ate - It is for Cute Card Thursday, and the challenge this week was to use no pattern paper. I used a card blank that is kraft brown papers. Not sure if I like these or not. They are not really heavy paper, but I bought 25 of them online, so I need to use them. I ran a piece of scrap peach colored card stock thru my Cuttlebug and emboss it. I was going to do a second one, but decided it was too much.


I colored in one of those adorable Sweet Ebony images (THANKS SHARY!!! She sent me some to play with!) Anyway I colored her in with my Copic Markers and white gel pen. I cut with Nestibilities round, and then cut a lime green scallop to mat. I stitched the edge with a Spica Glitter Pen, then white gel pen around the scallops.


Now how cute is that sentiment stamp! I found these blank metal stamp brads at Micheals this last week, they are from Provo Craft. I have the Papertrey sentiments that are really tiny and I was hoping that they would fit inside the stamp, and yee haw they do! How cool is that! I may have to go and get another box of the brads now! I doodled the edge of the base of the card and stitched the edge of the embossed paper. Then tied a wide green dotted satin ribbon around the bottom. I have been practicing my knots and bows lately. I still have some work there, but I am getting a little better. I used pop dots to attach the circle. I think it works for the Cute Card Challenge.



I also thought I would show you one of the baby girls. Angelina "Lina" I was out trying to get some photos last night, got lots of eyes and noses as the won't hang back and pose for me, but this is one I got as she was walking up, you can see Mom, Macey in the background keeping an eye on her. She is a real beauty.









Today is going to be a busy one, lots of little errands and things to do, and I have a class on Saturday to teach that I am not all together for, so need to do that as well. Hope you have a great Friday! Blog Candy will be put on Saturday! Really I am not doing this as a teaser, just not organized this week at all!

HUGS and -

24 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Hahaha! What a cute picture!! And your card is adorable!!

Sharon said...

Ooo Michelle you did a great job with the images, your card is sooo pretty!!! Lol adorable kitten can I have her?

Andrea, said...

Fab photo and your card is so pretty.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What a fabulous picture of your gorgeous cat, ok so he is eating your card but...aaarrrggghhhh! Your card is gorgeous too and I love the cute image and the beautiful bow. Hugs, Nikki x

Allison Rankin said...

This is hilarious and such a thing my cat would do! Great looking card Michelle!

Jill said...

gorgeous card, love your colouring in and your layout it's fantastic as always Jill x

Heidi said...

I just love the photo of the cat eating the card - its so cute. And I understand why the cat want to eat it - its so sweet.And we all love to eat sweets dont we? Love your card its fantastic

Hugs from
Heidi

Patti Smith said...

Gato is too cute....gosh I'm glad you caught the little rat or your card would have been history...it is a beautiful card...I really like the kraft paper look...have a great weekend my friend....

BethW said...

Not near as bad as my dogs "opening" a box from Maya Road. They found the chipboard doggie keychains very realistic-they chewed up 2 of them!

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful colour scheme!

Annie said...

love your card, and that darn cat! Thanfully we have passed the puppy stage with the dogs, although they still like to come into the craft room and plonk themselves on whatever I leave on the floor, usually boxes of cardstock that then get covered in black hair! Have a great weekend. annie x

Suzanne said...

maybe we should put Gato and Honey together then maybe we could get some peaceful crafting time... every time I start a card she wants attention!!! Hubby is playing golf today so he has to have her later so I can get some peace!!! Great card and I love what you have done without any patterned papers. Sue :o)

christie said...

Oh what a cute picture of your kitty chewing on your beautiful card! I hope she paid for it first!

Sammacco said...

LOL... I am glad that our cats are not the only ones who LOVE crafts. We have 3 cats and younger ones (about a year old) do eat my rubber stamps... I have plenty of UM word stams that says like ...nally, e you, happy bir and so on. I also have some magnolias with out hands or pig tail ends... Now the stamps are in a more secured area :)

Bev said...

Talk about being caught red pawed!!! Brilliant pic of the cat wot got the card lol.

Adorable card too

Dawn said...

Michelle
Your blog is just great, this is my first visit and I am animal mad and just lovin' your donkeys, what a great thing to do. Gato is a cutie, I also have two cats and they love my craft stash especially the ribbons which I find chewed up under the bed!!!!

I love your cards they are crafted beautifully and such great colours.
I will definitely be back.
Can I link you to my blog??

Thanks
Dawn

Anonymous said...

love the picture of your cat!!!hihihi...
beuatiful card !!!
greetings

ChrissyM said...

What an adorable card! Every time I go to order these stamps they are out of stock. One day I'll get my hands on them. Love the card!!

Frances said...

love the photos, especially the action shot of gato, good job your card is intact as it's lovely. have given you an award, see my blog. xx

Anonymous said...

This is too cute and I love your cat! How funny!

Hugs,
Korin

Ila said...

Bad Kitty!! But what a great photo....and your card is Absolutley Gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

I just love this, great post, lovely card and wonderful cat :-D

Monica-FC said...

your cat is adorable and I think that is just too cute when i saw her eating or trying to eat your card. lol. when my cat was alive before he died mine never did anything like that. He loved going outside more and laying with hubby in the chair or on our bed. your cat is adorable. so is the card.

Kim Dellow said...

Arrr That is really cute with the Kitty! so sweet.