Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Little Sun...and A Little Sugar!

Sorry I am late this morning... one of the Donkeys Cocoa was down this morning and wouldn't get up. So I have been in the barn making sure she is ok. I think it is just a stone bruise on her hoof, she finally got up and is limping a bit but doing better. Now to work -


Tilda and Friends ATC Challenge this week is "Give Me Some Sunshine". Ok we have lots of that to share here in Texas! I would gladly give some to someone for a day or two of rain! When trying to decide what I was going to do, I remembered my new Summer Background stamp! I stamped just the part of the sun and hill on the ATC, and colored it in with my Copics. The Sun I then colored over with the yellow Spica Glitter Pen. Now I was going to put a Tilda on the hillside, then came across the kitty. We all know kitties love to stretch out in the sun... so mine is enjoying the warmth in the sun. I really don't know why threaded the yellow cording around it, but I like it. What about you?





A Spoon Full of Sugar! YEA I finally get to participate in this blog! I got my Nellies in the mail yesterday! Whoo Hoooo! I was so sad that I didn't get to play last week for the 1st challenge, but now I can! So this weeks challenge was to use the colors blue, pink and green. Ok, no pattern paper with all three to help me there. So I had to get creative. I used two pattern papers from DCWV Nana's Nursery Girl stack. I based the card with a light blue Bazzill Bling, I colored this little Dancing Maggie with a pink and green dress and shaded her with a light blue to match the card stock. I matted all of the pieces with shades of green, pink and the blue card stock. Rounded all the corners and doodled around everything... ahhh that felt good haven't been doing much of that lately! I then pulled out 6 of my Micheal's Bridal Confetti flowers in sparkling white and added some Bella Baubles in pink. I did not put any sentiment on the outside of this card, I decided to wait and see what I was going to use it for. I love the colors together, very soft. Great challenge ladies!

Well off to check on Cocoa, then get some house work done.

Hugs and-

26 comments:

wendy peatross said...

I love this ATC. I need to add these stamps to my want list of Magnolia stamps. I enjoy your blog.

Debbie said...

I'm so glad you finally got your stamps, they were worth the wait, your card is gorgeous, love the papers you have used. Thanks for playing along this week :)

Marilyn said...

I just got my Magnolia background stamp yesterday, and will be inking it up this weekend! Love your ATC and the Sugar Nellie card - two of my favorite lines of stamps! I love reading about your donkeys and getting inspiration from your work. Howdy from a fellow Texan!

Suzanne said...

Great ATC realy feels like summer (send some of the sunshine over here for my holiday next week please!!!). The sugar Nellie is gorgeous love the lovely soft colours and she is just soo cute that Maggie. Sue :o)

Heather "Hev" said...

Both are absolutely gorgeous :)

Both made me smile - thankyou for sharing :)

Camilla said...

Hi! What a nice heading you have made! Your card for this weeks challenge is lovely!! So cute:) Your colouring is great! Hugs from Camilla.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is gorgeous Michelle and so glad you have some new stamps to play with. The DP is just so pretty any Maggie looks adorable. Love your summery ATC too. Hugs, Nikki x

Annie said...

love your bright and sunny atc with the kitty cat, thanks for joining in the fun with us this week. And your Maggie card is so adorable, fabulous colouring in those pastel shades. annie x

Allison Rankin said...

What fun cards. Love the Sugar Nellie...can't wait to see more!

Erin... said...

great ATC!! and adorable card!

Marlou McAlees said...

I just adore this!!!! beautifully coloured and highlighted!!! thanks for playing along :)

Unknown said...

Lovely ATC....looks like the cat is enjoying the sunshine.
Caz
x

tracie said...

gorgeous ATC Michelle, cats looks very relaxed lazing in the sun. Love you sn card, very cute - i love it :)x

Andrea, said...

Brilliant ATC Michelle, I love the little scene and the stitching looks fab. Your card is so pretty I love the papers and the gorgeous image

stampmonkey said...

I LOVE your Dancing Maggie card -- she is so sweet!! tfs

Heather Huggins said...

These are both wonderful!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Your Maggie card is just darling and perfect for the challenge! Wonderful ATC too! :D

jjcreations said...

Both of these are cute. I like the cat and the little girl holding out her skirt is adorble. Awesome cards. Joan

Patti Smith said...

Love the ATC...and the Maggie card is just cute, cute....I have a wish list of stamps a mile long and girl its your fault!! LOL...

Anonymous said...

Deine Karte ist wunderschön!

Ila said...

Wow!! Gorgeous card Michelle...love your take on this color challenge and the image is Super Cute!

Ila said...

Oh My...I thought the Cute ATC was on the same post...lol...love the kittie and how you used this background stamp. Yellow cording is a perfect touch!!

Deb said...

fabulous card, love dancing Maggie, she is so cute, love the papers too,thank you for joining in with us

Bubbles said...

Gorgeous card, glad your stamps arrived so you could join in with our challenge, thank you!
Joanne x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

absolutely darling.
oh. i love the flowers and the pebbles in the center is just such a sweet touch

Murielle said...

Your card is gorgeous too!!
I love it!
Bizz