Monday, June 2, 2008

Tilda NO CARD challenge and my CANDY WINNERS!

The Tilda Challenge this week was NO CARD. Huh?? No really no cards, to make something with a Magnolia Stamp that is not a card. Well I had something sitting on my desk that I just purchased this weekend that I planned to decorate with my Magnolia stamps. Worked out wonderful!

Now a little bit about what I worked on. This "thing", a stamp keeper, is from a company called Little Monkeys. I have to admit I was shown one of these more than a year ago at a crop. The sister of the lady who came up with this stamp keeper had one and I looked at it and I will be honest, thought nice but I don't think that would ever work for me. I mean I have all my unmounted stamps in CD cases, I just don't need it. Well I have now a lot more CD cases than I want to admit to. And I have come to a problem that some just don't fit into the cases, or only one or two fit in a case. My Magnolia's have become a very large collection of CDs, with a couple sitting out not fitting. Well I have been reading more and more about this system, and my Local Scrapbook Store The Scrapbook Corral (hi Amy!) has some in stock, so I decided to give them a try. Ok, I had to add a few more inserts than came with it, but they all fit in one box! With lots of growing room!!! And let me tell you I have lots of Magnolias already. (For more info on the stamp keeper please click Little Monkeys above.)

So I decided I would create a scene to put on the front of the box and it will sit on my desk right in front of me. I colored all the images with Copic Markers, cut them out and then placed them on a piece of Heidi Grace pattern paper with flocked clouds. Love Love Love this paper! I started to put ribbon and more frilly things on it, then decided that this was a working storage system so I needed to keep it simply and just attached on the front. I am so happy with it, and I emptied more than 18 CDs! Growing room now on my CD rack! Hope they like it on the Tilda and Co. Challenge Blog.

Ok, because I had soooo many hits and 180 people comment I decided that I would give the main prize and I will put together two little surprises for two runner ups. I thank each of you for taking the time to visit my blog, and shooting me not only over the 5000 mark, but I am now over the 7500 mark! I will do another Candy at 10,000! Just seems right and so fun! Feels like Santa Claus, I love giving away some of my favorite products! Ok... I'll announce now before I loose you!

The Blog Candy Winners are.....
As chosen from Random.Org

#1 -126 - Susie Blackwell
Runner ups -
27 - Sarah is WI
12 - Allison

Timestamp: 2008-06-02 19:39:44 UTC

If you will please email me, at michelleo@hughes.net and put blog candy winner in the subject and give me your full name and address so I can get out your goodies!

Hope you have all had a wonderful Monday, and a great start to the week!

HUGS- and.....

15 comments:

Suzanne said...

what a fantatic job you have made of a great idea must see if I can get one of these great storage boxes...my tilda box is overflowing!!! Sue :o) Sue :o)

Lorraine said...

Wow, wow and more wow! This is every Tilda fans dream to own a box like this, it's superb!

Classroomfree said...

That is soooo fabulous!

Jules x

Allison Rankin said...

Very cool scene here and a super storage idea for your Tildas! Thanks for picking me as a runner-up. 180 comments? Whoa!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

absolutely cute michelle.
i read about these monkey holders alrdy on kimmies blog.
now that you also reccomend these i might give that a try.

what an adorable idea to make a szene for these cases.
love this

wendy peatross said...

I love this storage box. I am on my way to check them out.

Donalda said...

That is just gorgeous !!!!!!!!! I love that what a wonderful idea

Anonymous said...

wow wow wow, this is so wonderful, gorgeous

Crafting Diva said...

Hi this is fantatic what you have made for the no card challenge the picture you have made up with the Tildas is just great I love it!!!!

orangedaisy said...

amazing work, well done,we will all want one now

Rach said...

what a great idea...
Love the scene you have created with your stamps.
Hugs Rach.x

Katharina Frei said...

I love your stamp keeper Michelle!! and congratulations to the winners!!

Frances said...

So so cute. Bet it won't be long until you need another one LOL. x

Annie said...

what a fabulous box you have created for your Magnolias! and congratulations to the winners of your blog candy too!

Heather Huggins said...

Great information!! I might try it out too..