Friday, June 6, 2008

Time is flying by -

Merry Christmas! No I am not crazy. Well not about that, but the challenge this week at Cute Card Thursday Blog is to make a Christmas card, to help get a head start on making your Christmas cards. Well I make cards that all have each of my babies on the front, which gets tougher each year with more and more donkeys! But I did think I would make a 3x3 gift card to attach to a present. I love to use non-traditional colors, and the light blue snow flake paper by DCWV was my starting point. I then remembered the snow globe stamp that I purchased on sale last year, really cute set. Has the snow globe empty and then 7 or 8 items that you can put inside. I just love the snow bunny with the red hat on. I colored the image with my Copics, cut it out and then added Pearl paint for the snow, and stickles for the glitter snow floating. I think I went a little heavy on that, will cut that down next one. I doodled the edges, and that was it. Really quick and easy and I think I will go ahead and make a few more to have ready.

This next thing I am going to show you was a special request. A friend asked me to make this for her. Now this is a really cool idea for a Baby Shower. Every guest is asked to "decorate" a index card and use a favorite Bible verse. They will all be gathered and placed into a box that is altered and make a special gift for the Mommy. Really sweet idea huh! I used DCWV Nana's Baby Boy Nursery paper on a coordinating blue card stock. I printed the Bible verse, that she picked out, on Vellum along with the name of the person who is giving it (I blurred this out) I zig zig stitched this all together. I then stamped a Whipper Snapper Designs Sheep image and cut them out. I colored them with Copics and highlighted with white gel pen. I used pop dots to stick them down to give a bit of shadow. I used three Prima flowers in baby blue and white with brads for centers. I then stickled the sheep just for some fun. I really am happy with how it turned out. To be honest I haven't done much for other people to give. So I was a little nervous about it. Hubby will give it to her today while he is in town, so I am looking forward getting a call to see what she says.
I really can't believe it is already Friday, this week has just flown by and I don't feel like I have accomplished a single thing I had planned for this week. I hope your week was more productive and you have some great fun plans for the weekend. Me... I will be trying to catch up from the week!
HUGS and -

25 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

I love the Christmas card Michelle and all the sparkle is wonderful. I also love the index card. What a fantastic idea and such a special gift for the expectant Mummy. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Nikki x

Andrea, said...

Fabulous work Michelle, I just love the glittery sheep and your Xmas card is so sweet.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Frenchy said...

Loving your stuff - putting your blog in my faves.

Ila said...

The snow globe card is the Cutest and the little bible verse index card is Gorgeous....You have nothing to be nervous about ...your work is Fabulous!!

Deb said...

gorgeous cards, love the snowglobe and glittery sheep, thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

Debbie said...

fab christmas tag and a Gorgeous index card what a fab idea.

Bunny B said...

That's a super adorable xmas card! :) I love it!

Allison Rankin said...

Love, love, love that wintery card. All the glitter here is so cute!

stampmonkey said...

Cute snow globe card! (I am SO looking forward to warmer weather that I can't even think about Christmas right now -lol!)

What a great baby shower idea, and you did a beautiful job with it. The colors, the stitching, the vellum overlay, and those sweet little sheep!! Absolutely darling! tfs

Alhambra Club said...

Love your snowglobe it is great and you baby card is wonderful, she will love it.

Wendi said...

Wow Michelle amazing work I love your xmas snow globe very pretty colours and the index card well what a really lovely idea for the mum to be love those sparkly sheep
x

Crafting Diva said...

Hi I love your christmas card great design

Zimtschnecke said...

Wow, such 2 beautiful and cute cards! I love the colors and your layout very much! Great work!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oh what a darling card.
i love the entire idea of this and the execution is just excellent michelle

Annie said...

love the snowglobe christmas card you made, and the little sheep on the verse card are so cute - love the sparkle!

Donalda said...

Oh that is just gorgeous and I just can't stop help but laughing at the end of your post that is just so adorable I love it dear

Patti Smith said...

I love the snow globe the stickles look great to me..and what an awesome idea with the little sheep and bible verse...I'm gonna bookmark this one for an excellent idea for a baby shower...Have a good weekend....
xoxo, patti

Anonymous said...

wonderful card, gorgeous, love it

Bev said...

OMW! An absolutely fantastic card - love it!

Erin... said...

i love those adorable sheep!!

Anonymous said...

What stinkin' cute sheep!!!! How adorable! I love that the sheep card reminds me of a soft & fuzzy blankie.

Mandy said...

How cute are those little sheepies! ADORABLE!!

Tania said...

Oooooh, I love that snowball so much! Really very cute.

Jo said...

Two fabulous pieces of work Michelle. Love those sparkly sheep and also the cute snow globe image!!

Godelieve said...

Adorable cards Michelle! The sheep are so cute! Love all the pretty details on your cards!