Thursday, June 19, 2008

A dark but sparkling ATC-


This week at Tilda and Friends ATC Challenge is a guest designer, Jacqui (visit her blog she does some great work!) She picked something a little different, she chose the theme of her favourite Shakespeare play, A Midsummer Night's Dream. Ok, a tough one. It has been longer than I want to admit since I read any Shakespeare. I played it safe and just stuck to the night forest card. I really did start to do the 1/2 boy 1/2 donkey head thing from the play. But it just wasn't working and I was forcing it. So I went with my first design instead.


This is the Winter tree from Magnolia, I colored it and the night sky with my Copic markers, then went over it all again with Twinkling H2O's. I love how the night sky came out, looks kind of like velvet. I then dotted some stars in with Stickles. I found some dragonfly brads in my stash..... squint really hard...... they are fairies flying in the distance...... ok, stop laughing. =) I then matted it with a lemon yellow scrap card stock. Different huh?


My card today was one I started a couple of days ago when I had out all my pink and browns. This is one of those really awesome Sweet Ebony stamps, that are just ADORABLE! This one is called Giddy Up! I colored her and her "horse" with my Copics, Sakura Glaze Pens and Spica Glitter Pens. I cut her and the scallops with my Nestibilities and sewed them together. This is when my machine and I started disagreeing, and why there are Prima flowers on the right side. I set it aside. Yesterday the old machine was put on the floor, and my new machine was moved into its spot. Yep mess with me and you are moved down baby! I found a Janome for a really good price yesterday and it sews like a dream! I picked up the image and finished it last night. I pulled out a piece of Basic Grey Lily Kate and the same pink card stock as the scallop and sewed them together with a zig zag stitch. I also then gel stitched around that to high light the edge. I dotted the scallops at that time to. I stuck it all to a 5 1/2 inch square card base. I just love country cowgirls in pink and brown, don't you?


Well Hubby is off today, so I better get busy. He has a long list of chores so I need to look like I am getting things done too! =) Rosie is slowly getting better, the medicines seem to working. Doc is coming back out this afternoon to check on her.


Hugs, Have a great Thursday and -




10 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Cute ATC Michelle and I love the Sweet Ebony card. Love the pink and brown combination. Not used my machine much but I have a Janome too which touch wood behaves very well. The flowers do look great on the right side and look like they should be there. Have a great day, Hugs, Nikki x

Annie said...

what an adorable cow-girl card you have made, love pink and brown together! and thanks for joining in the fun with the Midsummer Night's Dream challenge this week! Good to hear that Rosie is on the mend. annie x

Allison Rankin said...

Cute cards...the cowgirl is my fav today! Got your card and goodies yesterday...thanks so much!

BethW said...

So good to hear Rosie is on the mend. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Jenna said...

I love your "dark" ATC Michelle!! It reminds me of VanGough... I like the brush strokes and colors.

Donalda said...

Oh your atc and card is just gorgeous I just love them

Suzanne said...

Oh this cowgirl is just soo cute and I love your ATC a great interpritation. Glad Rosie is on the mend. Love Sue :o)

Unknown said...

Fab ATC, love the interpretation. Love your Sweet Ebony card too.
Caz
x

Frances said...

lover your ATC Michelle, it's very 'arty' :D and your cowgirl is supercute, love the layout. x

Ila said...

Your ATC is Fabulous!! and I love this Sweet Ebony card...your coloring, stitching..everything is Wow!! about this card!!!