Tuesday, June 24, 2008

So excited to have some SUGAR!



I have been so excited this weekend, but didn't want to let it out until it was posted. I was asked to join the DT at A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge Blog! You really must visit this one if you haven't yet, especially if you like Sugar Nellie, Rachelle Ann Miller, Sweet Ebony or Hanglar stamps! Thank you so much ladies for asking me to join in and I hope I can keep up with all of your talent!



My first card for them today is to show off some checks. I went a little country with my checks and the adorable Maggie feeding the baby lamb! I just love this stamp, she is so cute, and that baby well just precious.
I colored the image in with Copics and white gel pen, then for the lamb I used white puff paint to give her some fluff. I cut her out with my Nestibilities square and then a scallop to match the base. The pattern papers are all Daisy D's that I zig zag sewed down with pink thread. I also stitched the image to the scallops. I used the gel pen to dot the scallops and to stitch around the edge of the card. The sentiment is from Hanna stamps. A very country card, but hey she is feeding a lamb so it just had to be.










My second card today is for the Penny Black Challenge. A shout out to Sue for the image, thanks again buddy! I have a bunch of Penny Blacks on order =)! I just love this one, how funny is it that this group of mice are crank calling the cat! This is my kind of group of friends... which is the theme for this week! A card for Friends. I colored it with my Copics, and white gel pen for high lighting. I also used my Twinkling H2O's to make the face of the phone light up - but it isn't showing in the photograph.
I Cut the oval with the Nestibilities, and then matted it on Basic Grey Boys paper, I used my Fiskar's Deckle scissors and cut around the oval, then matted again on the green Bazzil Bling card stock and cut again. The same was used for the base, and more of the Basic Grey papers, love the bright fun colors and I thought the numbers in the paper went well with the phone.
I stitched them all together with something new for me. I used metallic embroidery thread in my
sewing machine. Ok this stuff is really cool! It looks like metal! Duh guess that is the point isn't it. One hint, don't run the machine very fast at all, or the thread breaks. But it is worth the time to go slow, it really is cool in person. I then added some orange dot ribbon for borders. The "Friends" stamp is one of my clearance stamps from Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago! I only pain 1.88 for it! Great deal huh! I colored in the letters with my copics and then again with Spica Glitter Pens. I matted twice and then stitched around it and the image. They were both attached with pop dots to the card. I love it! This image just makes me smile! And I can't wait to get my news ones, there are some really funny ones in that order too!
Well it is MIL day. (the day I take my MIL shopping and to run errands) We have a few returns to do, and lots of coupons for lots of stops.. Micheals, Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's just to name a few! Whooo Hoo!
Hope you have a great Tuesday and have some crafting time!
Hugs and -

28 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

congratulations that is wonderrul, those ladies know talent when they see it. Your cards are great, I love the papers you used and your coloring and stitching is wonderful.

Suzanne said...

Well Maggie and the lamb are just the cutest thing and I love the card. I love seeing what you do with your penny black images it gives me a real buzz when I see what you do with those basic black images I sent!! they just come to life. No surprise you have been choosen to join the DT your work is awesome. Sue :o)

Tricia T said...

That Penny Black stamp is hysterical!! TFS!!!

Katharina Frei said...

Amazing and heavenly colouring Michelle!!! Love the colours, a really great card!

sophia landry said...

These are gorgeous!! The first one has such a lovely country feel, and the second is so bright and cheerful. I have to tell you, I love all your Penny black cards. The images are just so adorable, and your coloring on them is fantastic. I'm also surprised at how good the Hamish images look. I was usure about them but now that I see them colored in.........I'm sold. They are awsome!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous cards Michelle I am so pleased you agreed to be on the Design Team your work is fab.

Sharon said...

Two fantastic cards Michelle. I love the way the first one's papers look like fabric and the stitching is fab. Wish my sewing machine wasn't broken!!
For the second card your colouring is outstanding. I just can't get the hang of colouring in with anything else but prismas!! Gorgeous Michelle.x

Ila said...

Congratulations Michelle!! your work is So Fabulous!!..they are lucky to have you.
I love both of these cards. I think the country feel of the first one is wonderful..I love all the stitching and accents you added to the image.
The penny black is just Super Cute! I love that image and your coloring, papers and accents are Gorgeous!!...Hugs, Ila

Kath Stewart said...

Wow fabulous card - love the papers and that image is so sweet - thanks so much for joining us at the PBS challenge this week - hope to see you next time
Love
kath
xxxx

Jill said...

gorgeous card, well done on joining the DT Jill x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

It's so great to have you on the team Michelle and your card is fantastic. I love the gorgeous image and the effect you got with the puff paint on the lambs coate. You did a great job again with your sewing machine. The Penny Black image is just so cute and as always your colouring amazing. Hugs, Nikki x

Camilla said...

Hi Michelle! I am so glad that you joined the team:) Your cards are amazing. You are a brilliant cardmaker!! These two cards are georgeous! Love them both. Can't wait to see your creation for next week;)
Hugs from your DT-friend Camilla.

ella bella said...

wow both these cards are stunning love the penny black image its so cute those mice are great. beautiful work. Tracy x

Kathy said...

Both cards are beautiful!!

I came to check out your checks!! That card is so sweet! Love the image and the beautiful soft colors!! Gorgeous paper too!!

Anonymous said...

Wunderschönes Motiv und toll in Szene gesetzt!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Congradulations Michelle!! You deserve it your cards are awesome.

Patti Smith said...

Congrats my friend no one is more deserving of a DT position. You are way talented and I have missed your blog terribly...Hopefully I'm back up and going... Cards are all just awesome.....(((HUGS))))) patti

Trina said...

What awesome cards Michelle! I love your coloring on that adorable maggie image, and your stitching looks great! The penny black card is adorable too!
Congratulations on joining our team! Can't wait to see what you come up with in the future!

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Congrats on DT position, your cards are wonderful...

I have this PB image on my list of to get stamps. Love your card, the sewing and coloring is fantastic. Jovi

Anonymous said...

oh this is gorgeous, so beautiful card, wow.

debby4000 said...

congratulations on your DT place, not surprising though your cards are fabulous. Especially love the two today.

cats whiskers said...

Well done Michelle but you deserve it, they are both great cards, I love your colour choces and your colouring is superb. Thanks for joining PBS challenge this week
Hugs Jacqui x

Jenna said...

I love these both Michelle!! Hope you have fun shopping!

tracie said...

wow Michelle these cards are gorgeous and i love all the stitching. Congrats on DT for Spoonfull of Sugar - its no wonder your card are always fabulous, well done.
Thanks for joining us again at PBS Challenge :)x

Annie said...

wow! great cards again and the little mice one has so many gorgeous details! And your DT card is so pretty, love the spriged papers you used on it.

Richelle said...

Congrats on the DT! your work is amazing!

Great card...love the image-very cute!

Frances said...

love your check card - the paper looks like fabric. As for the PB card, it is just too funny and your colouring is fab. Just got myself some markers (like copics but cheaper) and am having fun using them - takes getting used to when I normally use prismas/watercolour but I do love the more intense colour you get with them - yours always looks stunning. x

Nixe-Moni said...

Your cards are so wonderful and cute and your colouring is great. Love it.
Hugs, Moni