Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Looks like Mice Day?



I did not intentionally make both cards today with mice... but oh well they are cute and not REAL!



The first card is for Papertake Weekly Card, the theme is hot this week! No really it is "hot". To make your card with a hot theme and/or hot colors.
Well I just got this House Mouse stamps last week, thought it was perfect for summer. IT IS SO HOT! Yesterday was 100, and today they are saying 101! Well this is what I would have liked to do yesterday after running errands yesterday!
These mice are cooling off, after colored with Copic Markers and a little bit of Sakura Glaze Pens, I took my Diamond Glaze and cooled off the ice. Man I hate that it is so hard to photograph things like that cuz it really does look "cool" in person.
I then bordered the image with a narrow hot and pink ribbon. I took scraps of Heidi Grace pattern papers to match the colors in the image, I stacked the papers and gel pen stitched them down. (Yes, my machine and I are still not speaking...) I used some hot pink flowers and buttons to match. I love how it turned out. What do you think? Do they look like they are enjoying some ice on a hot day?















The second card probably also could qualify for the hot theme, but I actually made it with my first Penny Black "image". There is a new challenge blog for Penny Black lovers, take a look if you love these stamps, they are some really great cards there.



Ok, I must tell the truth, I don't actually own a Penny Black stamp, I have a few on order with my LSS, but I so wanted to join in on the blog, and I am sooooo lucky to have great friends like Sue, to send me some images. (Hi Sue already using them!)



This is one of the first images that I fell in love with online. I colored it in with Copics and Spica Glitter Pens, the flower actually glitters quite a bit. I gave their faces a bit of orange glow, as if the sun was coming thru the flower. I used some of my hoarded papers... I found a few sheets of Sassafras Serendipity dp's a while back and I really have to think about using them and make sure I really want to cut them and use them. Do you have any papers like that?

Anyway I just love the scallops on the bottom, and it was my clue as to the colors I was going to use. The two papers are just front and back of the same paper, I used Bazzill bling as a base and to mat the image and the sentiment. I doodled with Sakura Glaze pen. I love the bright colors.
Well please say a prayer for Rosie, my first little girl baby. She has been sick this week, and is not getting any better. I have made myself sick worrying about her. Poor thing has knots all over her and is just plain lethargic and sad. The Doc is coming out this afternoon to take a look. We thought she got into some ants or bees, but it just isn't getting better. I just pray it isn't something more serious.
Hugs-
Card Info:
Mice on Ice-
Stamps: House Mouse
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Papers: Bazzill, Heidi Grace
Accessories: Copic Markers, Sakura Glaze Pens, Diamond Glaze, Prima Flowers, buttons, Ribbon
Joy, Love, Happiness-
Stamps: Penny Black, Inkadinkado
Papers: Bazzill Bling, Sassafraslas
Accessories: Copic Markers, Sakura Glaze Pens, Spica Glitter Pens

21 comments:

BethW said...

As always, just fantastic. I swear I don't see how you have the time.
I have 4 sons and I've shown the 3 that still live here the donkeys and told them I want one for my birthday. They are threatening to put me away!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh my gosh Michelle they are both fantastic. You colouring is just amazing on both of these cards, I really love the colour scheme of the 1st with those pretty flowers and buttons, Hugs, Nikki x

Sharon said...

Oh wow how cute are these? I absolutely adore them especially the HM one. Fab!
Thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my blog they are much appreciated. :0)

Katharina Frei said...

Absolut stunning colouring Michelle!!

Kim Dellow said...

Beautiful colours and colouring. Love the cards.

ella bella said...

wow both these cards are stunning your colouring is fantastic you really give the images life. perfect! thanks for joining in with this weeks PBS challenge :) x

Bev said...

Oh my word! I've just picked my chin up off the floor!! Your cards are just amazing and such an inspiraiton!

Debbie said...

OMG! Such amazing cards. Just brilliant!!

Debbie x

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh, they are absolutely awesome.
Wonderful cards. Love them.

Kath Stewart said...

Fab card for the challenge and the colours are beautiful

Jo said...

Fabulous cards Michelle and both images are just so cute!! Unfortunately, haven't had chance to join in any challenges lately but really must knuckle down and make some cards!

Suzanne said...

wow 2 fantastic cards love what you have done with your PB image looks fab. Haven't made one card since I have been back might have something to do with sweet honey!!! Big hug and kiss to Rosie it is so worrying when our baby's are ill. Sue :o)

Donalda said...

Oh these all are so cute !!!!!!! And I love the paper

Heather Huggins said...

These are both super. I've had my eye on that House of Mouse one.

Ila said...

Wow!! Michelle..these are both just over the top Gorgeous!! I absolutely Love them both!!

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

What a beautiful card,lovley paper and the housmouse are very cute.

Mrs Mayne said...

Oh these are fab! Loving that mice on ice image! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Bunny B said...

Awesome cards!! I love them!! :)
Hope Rosie gets well soon! Poor girl.
xx

sophia landry said...

Fantastic!! Boy you sure are great at the coloring. These look awsome. I love H of M and the Penny Black is so adorable. I just love looking at your creations!

tracie said...

Hi Michelle, oh wow your cards are fabulous. Loving them both and such cute images. Hope Rosie gets better soon.
Thanks for joining us at PBS Challenge :)x

Annie said...

what fabulous cards you have made, I love the mice on the ice cubes one - such pretty flowers on it too! Praying Rosie gets better soon. annie x