Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day Dreaming and Dress Up -

I hope you get my ATC today... I showed it to Hubby and after a couple of hints he got it. The Challenge today at Tilda and Friends ATC is Bits and Pieces.

"The challenge this week is to use some of those bits and pieces of card and paper which we all have lying around on our desks. We would like you to make your ATC using bits and pieces which measure no more than 1" x 2" (2.5cm x 5cm) - we won't be measuring though!"

I have plenty of left-overs so this was no problem, but I wanted to do something different. I went thru all of my Magnolia stamps and tried to get some inspiration. I then pulled out my Fiskars square squeeze punch and got myself a bunch of 1 inch squares. As they piled up they reminded me of a "quilt"! Oh I can make a crazy quilt, and place Tilda in the grass, on the quilt! I Colored Tilda with Copics and high lighted with white gel pen, then cut her out. I cut my ATC size and then place all my squares randomly onto the ATC, then cut down again. I used a dark green Sakura Glaze pen and did crazy type of stitches on each block. Now Tilda needed some pillows. I started to try and cut out a pillow shape, but then thought these large buttons had a fun look. So did you get it?


My second card is for the Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge. Which was really fun this week. It is a 3-2-1 Challenge. 3- brads or buttons, 2- pattern papers, 1- flower. So I got out one of my new Sugar Nellie stamps. I picked Dress Up Maggie, cuz she looked just too fun to color it. I reached for my Copics and did her face and hands and then stopped. I need to try something new... So I pulled out my Twinkling H2O's and colored the rest of her with them. Ok, need to practice this cuz I am not happy with my results. I highlighted with the white gel pen, and Sakura Glaze Pens, but I just am not happy with it. I will be trying this again and doing lots of practice I guess. I cut her out with my Nestibilities Oval, and then matted with pink Oval scallops. I chose two piece of scraps that matched her dress and boa, then chose the base for the card out of my stash of card stock. I used some of those Cloud 9 gel stitch stickers to place around the edges of the pattern paper, I think it gives it a lace look. Now I was trying out lots of brads.....then due to the girlie theme in the card I went to my vintage buttons and found three matching pink buttons. I ran mini ribbon thru it and tied. My flower is a I think from Creative Impressions, it is a left over, but had some bling glitter and I thought it would work. I have a million primas... really I do, but not one was the right shade of pink! The sentiment is from Hanna Stamps and I think is perfect for Maggie.



Lots on the schedule today, including Bonnie Blue's full tune up. (Bonnie is my border collie, my child) Today is all of her shots, and full physical. Love her vet as he really checks her out top to bottom and makes sure she is doing ok. Hubby is off to go with us, so I am sure we will be doing some chores that he has on his list today. Hope your Thursday will be great!



HUGS and -



20 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Love the folksey Tilda with the quilted BG...awesome with all the doodling!

Debbie said...

Fab card love the dressing up maggie so sweet, Thanks for playing along this week :)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What a fab little ATC Michelle and I love all the little bits and pieces and your stitching detail. I love your Maggie card too and the buttons look great with the pretty paper. Thanks for joining in our challenge, Hugs, Nikki x

Sue said...

Absolutely gorgeous,love it :-)

Sue
xx

Andrea, said...

Fantastic card and ATC, I love the images you have used and your colouring is fabulous

Alhambra Club said...

Love your ATC, is is great and so much detail. Your card is wonderful, have a fun day today.

Patsy said...

Love your cards. Your picing and stitching on the ATC is great, and I love the image and coloring on the other card. Great Job!!

Victoria said...

I love both of them, the tilda is great especially the relaxed pose, I have not seen that particular stamp before.

Frances said...

I got it Michelle as I very nearly did the exact same thing!!! (but wanted to use my newer tildas plus was too lazy to make a quilt :D)

Maggie's cute too! x

Katharina Frei said...

Two great creations Michelle! Your colouring on Tilda is sensational and I love the layout of the Maggie card.

Donalda said...

Oh both of them are just darling.

stampmonkey said...

Great cards, Michelle! I love Tilda's quilt and pillows -- very creative! tfs

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful ATC and card ! Lovely colors ! Very great work !

Annie said...

very pretty card, but I love that atc with Tilda on the patchwork quilt! and big buttons for pillows - inspired! thanks for joining in the fun with us this week. annie x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

super cute.
love the buttons with it

Trina said...

Adorable card and ATC!! I love what you did for our challenge!! Thanks for playing along with us!

Deb said...

love your atc and Maggie is so adorable, fab card, thank you for joining in the challenge

Bubbles said...

Love the card and your atc is fab. Thanks for joining in.
Joanne x

Beth said...

These are both fab!!

Tova said...

cute patchwork on your ATC !