Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A two Tilda day!

Ok, I was having a Tilda withdrawal!

So it was perfect timing for the Tilda & Co. Challenge! This week was all Dottie! Well sitting right on top of my desk was these left-overs from my crop this weekend. And one of them is just plain dots. Perfect.

Using up stash, and filling the theme, and playing with what might be my favorite Tilda's. The sad thing is that I had some new ones that haven't even been inked up, but for some reason this paper really needed this particular Tilda. So I colored her with my Copic Markers, and high lighted with white gel pen. I cut her out with a small border. I then stickled her wings.

I then found a piece of green card stock that matched the pattern papers. I think these are Making Memories, but the name is missing so I am not for sure. I matted each piece with the base color, and then stitched with the gel pen. I found a piece of ribbon that I saved from being thrown away a couple of weeks ago. The sentiment is from Heidi Grace. It needed something more. Then I found these Prima Flowers, wow they were the perfect shades to match the papers, and I just love the centers, they are denim iron on pearls!

I really love this one, hubby commented that I really have done some country looking cards lately, maybe it is a new phase for me. Make sure to pop over to the challenge blog and take a look at how great the cards are there!








My second card today is for Ismaki Challenge. This week is a really fun sketch. I love the options that can be used for the circles. I was going to go with buttons, but while stamping my new Tilda I found the flowers from my last order. I thought they were perfect with the image.
I colored everything with Copics. I then cut the flower out and then used Twinkling H2O's for the petals, I then used some Doodlebug Ultra Fine Glitter for the centers. I used a piece of Basic Grey Lily Kate paper, on green and pink card stock. I matted the image with the same.
The ribbon is one of my favorites. It is from Micheal's Dots and Dashes, I think that is what it is called, but it is kind of frilly looking and I use it a lot. I placed everything down according to the sketch and then used a Sakura Glaze Pen to stitch the edges. I am sorry I do that all the time, but it just seems unfinished to me with out it.










I feel so much better using two Tilda's. It had been a while since I had and I was really missing my friend. =)

Well hubby is off today and we are going to work on a new pen for the donkeys. It is getting close to weening time for Rosie and then the other two girls will be close behind her. Can you believe it, they grow up so fast. sigh.


Hope you have a great Wednesday!
Hugs and -

30 comments:

Debbie said...

Gorgeous Tilda cards Love the flowers on the ismaki one.

Alhambra Club said...

These are so great, love all the dots and doodles on your first card.

Victoria said...

Fab cards. Love the colours and especially the tilda images!
Vicky x

Jill said...

wow can't make up my mind which one is my favourite, they're both gorgeous. Tilda looks cool with with black hair, might have to try this. Love your layouts Jill x

Kelly L said...

Gorgeous cards, Michelle. I love the polka dots on the first one, and the cute flowers you created for the second one, but the coloring on both of the girls is TERRIFIC!! :D Great job!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Both cards are fantastic Michelle, I love the papers on both and you did a fantastic job with the Ismaki sketch and I love the flowers, Hugs, Nikki x

Allison Rankin said...

You always create such winners. Love the mix of papers here!

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

You have make a beautiful card with a lovley new tilda she is my favorite on this moment.

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Beautiful cards!!! Great you could combine some challenges. Love all the white doodling on your first card. Love all the stamped flowers on the second! Thanks for joining FS. If you like I have some blogcandy to win....

Anonymous said...

So beautiful !! I love your card, the colors and the stamp ! Very great work !!

Annie said...

what gorgeous Tilda cards you have made today! love the pretty dp you have used.

Suzanne said...

Wow 2 gorgeous cards I love the papers on the first one and paddling Tilda is just too cute. Sue :o)

kes said...

both cards are just fan dabby doozy.
kes
x

Anonymous said...

Elle est très mignonne !!!

Jo said...

Ooh Michelle, these cards are gorgeous! Love the papers you've used....so scrummy and the images are two of my favourites...so cute!

Good luck with the weening...what a wonderful life you lead :)

Anonymous said...

Woowwww, both ones are fabulous but I LOVE the colors and the papers of the first one, great work!!

Gabi MeWi said...

I love the ismaki-card,it is a fresh and funny summer one.

Anonymous said...

magnifque carte !! j'adore tilda les pieds ds l'eau ca rafraichit
bizz Mu

Jeannette said...

Michelle, your Tilda card is gorgeous, I love the way you've coloured her.

Frances said...

Ooo, love them both Michelle but my personal favourite is the top one as I love the colours of the paper and Tilda has black hair ;)x

debby4000 said...

Stunning cards but I reckon my fav is dottie Tilda, love the green colours.

Camilla said...

I really love your cards!! They are so beautiful and inspiering:) Maybe I will try that Ismaki sketch..
Hugs, Camilla.

Ila said...

OMGosh!! How did I miss these? They are both Super Cute and Gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

your card are wonderful

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

Your card is so cute =) Wonderful colours!

Anonymous said...

WOW your card is so pretty !!!! love your colors !!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are very gorgeous , i like how you paint your stamp, ir's a geart work !

Anonymous said...

Waouhhhh j'adore ta carte, bravo, et je découvre ton blog : plein de merveilles

Nixe-Moni said...

This is just so cute. Love that Tilda and the colours.
Hugs, Moni

triciaquarius said...

Well done Michelle. A well deserved winner of the dotty challenge. Your card is superb, as is your Ismaki one. I only added your blog yesterday as one of my favourites to watch.
Regards Tricia