Friday, June 20, 2008

Three Scoops of Amour!





Two cards today!



First is for Cute Card Thursday. The theme this week is a simple but always needed. A Birthday Day Card. I pulled out my new Alota Rubber Stamps Three Scoops stamp and inked it up. Ok, it was 102 here yesterday and ice cream would have been wonderful!
I colored it with my Copics and then covered the ice cream, topping and cherry with Diamond Glaze. The whipped creme I colored in with my white gel pen. I set that aside to dry and then pulled out a yellow card stock, and a blue scrap and ran thru my Cuttlebug Happy birthday embossing folder.
The pattern papers are from DCWV Summer stack as the bright colors matched perfect. Then sewed everything down with a pink zig zag stitch. Including the image. I also added 4 large pink brads to the corners of the matted image. I ran a pink Catseye ink over one line of the embossed Happy birthday to make it stand out just a big more.
I then stamped the matching sentiment "Hope you have a three scoop kind of day" on white and matted with the pink and placed on the inside of the card. I doodled around the inside edge with pink Sakura Glaze Pen. Fun and Bright and ready for someone specials birthday!








Second card is for A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge Blog, loving this site! I happily have a few more images, THANKS DONALDA!!! She sent me a few Rachelle Anne Miller and Sweet Ebony as I was sad and didn't have many to play with. The challenge this week is to make a card of celebrations. Well I figured this image was perfect to make a wedding or anniversary card. I wanted to stick to a red, black and white colors. So I colored the image in with shades of red (pink is a red right?), black, grey and whites, other than their skin and hair that is. I then used a piece of Bazzill Bling dark red card stock as the base. Then a few pieces out of a Making Memories kit. Love the deep colors in this set, I matted the image three times. And then stitched down with a Sakura Black Glaze Pen. I took my Fiskars extra-large heart punch and cut a heart out of the corner of the main pattern paper. After sticking down the paper I stitched the inside of the heart, this is the base of the card showing through. The tag, and the Amour sticker are part of the kit, and seemed to work perfect here. I also doodled around the edge of the card, just because I couldn't stand to not do it. =) Hope it works for the challenge, I am happy with how it came out... don't you just feel the "love"?
Well I am excited - today is crop day! It has been over a month since the last crop at my LSS, The Scrapbook Corral. I will admit, I probably am going to need some extra caffeine for tonight's midnight fun, but it will be so worth the fun with my buddies. And I have some fun Gato photos to scrap. Then it is an all day till midnight crop tomorrow! Whoo Hoo... I can sleep on Sunday! =) Hope you have a great Friday!
HUGS and-

25 comments:

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow fabulous cards love the stamps and papers you have used ,Dawnx

Andrea, said...

Wonderful cards, the images and papers are gorgeous, those Alota bugs are so cute.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Debbie said...

Gorgeous cards Michelle,I love the lily and milo stamp,Thanks for playing along this week :)

Sharon said...

Aw fantastic cards. Really love Alota bug one I'm waiting on my first order from them. :0)

Bev said...

Oh what absolutely gorgeous cards!!

Camilla said...

Ooohh!! Such a stunning card! And you have used one of my favourite image aswell;) Love the colours.
Thanks for joining the challenge.
Hugs, Camilla.

Jutta said...

Wow, very beautiful cards! Love the papers, images and colours! Great work!!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh Wow Michelle, they are both gorgeous. I love the Alota image and your colouring is fabulous, Great job with the stitching, Hugs, Thanks for joining in our challenge, Hugs, Nikki x

Deb said...

fabulous cards Michelle, so love the images you used, thank you for joining in both challenges

Anonymous said...

wow BEAUTIFUL cards, very nice!!

MJ

Gail S. said...

Love the ice cream sundae card...of course I love anything with ice cream! Very cute.

Kathy said...

Both cards are just gorgeous!! I love the sewing and that Ice cream really looks good enough to eat!!

Allison Rankin said...

You are just a doodle fiend! Love that ice cream image...way too intoxicating!

debby4000 said...

fantastic cards, but I love the sundae its brilliant.

Jilli said...

Gorgeous cards, love the one using the Alota stamp, its absolutely fab!

Rach said...

Awesome cards Michelle,
love that alota image. love the ingenious way that you have coloured it in..it looks fantastic..good enough to eat. hugs rach.xx

Annie said...

Fabulous cards Michelle, the first one is so cute and the second one just oozes love! Hope you are enjoying your crafty day today and have enough coffee to keep you going!

BethW said...

How's our Rosie doing?

Jill said...

wow, I love layout and this stamp, the way you have coloured it in looks good enough to eat. Jill x

Godelieve said...

Fabulous cards! I love the glazed topping and cherry, looks sooooooo yummy!!

Krista said...

Hi, I've been watching your cards today, and I just love them, they are really beautifull!!!

Frances said...

Mmmmm, yummy ice cream, love that shiny cherry. Absolutely love your lovey-dovey card as I love the colour combo and that stamp.

Hope you had a good scrap day/night and that Rosie is getting better.x

Patsy said...

These cards are precious. Love all the coloring!!

Ila said...

Wow!! over the top Super Cute and Fabulous...both of them...love your coloring, papers, accents...just Gorgeous!!

ChrissyM said...

Fabulous cards! You use the cutest stamps. I love what you do with them!!!