Monday, June 16, 2008

Enjoy Monday -

Good Monday Morning.. Hope you all had a wonderful Fathers Day. I am going to do some catch up today, I have two challenge cards and a great big Thank you.


First challenge card is for Friday Sketchers, make sure to check out this challenge blog if you haven't before, wow some great talent there! This week Jacqueline from the Netherlands did the sketch, and I love it.
I wanted to ink up and use one of my new Alota Rubber Stamps. I love the striped pants and cow hide chaps on this cowgirl. I think this is suppose to be a boy, as the girls in the set have long hair. But I decided to make this a girl with some cute red hair and blush. And of course she is loved some pink and brown gear. I colored her with Copics and Spica Glitter Pens. I then cut her out with my Nestibilities leaving the rope out of the circle. I then cut one size larger scallop out of pink card stock then a circle again with a dark brown. Doodled some dots and stitches on these.
I used some scrap Basic Grey Blush papers and brown card stock, I sewed them down. 2 hours later I finally gave up and just left my sewing mess. My sewing machine and I are no longer speaking. You can see that the zig zag stitches are just not right and even missing in a few spots. Hubby and I worked on that darn machine forever and finally gave up. Back to the card - I then added a piece of brown and pink ribbon and attached the rest of my parts, including a couple of flowers stacked with a Enjoy sentiment that is part of those Micheal's dollar stamps. Oh well, lots of struggles with this one, mainly due to my machine, but I like how it turned out.



The second card is for the Tilda & Co. challenge blog. This week was really a challenge and I don't really know if I did it right or not. Serendipity was the challenge, which from what I understand is using torn pieces and gluing them together. I think.
Well I pulled out a scrap of two different pattern papers and tore and glued, tore and glue, and torn and glued. I then covered the entire piece with some Liquid Diamond to make sure everything was really down. Looks kind of cool, I then stamped out my Spring Club Tilda and colored her with Copics, Sakura Glaze Pens, and Spica Glitter Pens to match my new background. And of course I stickled her wings.
I cut her with a scallop, that actually was almost too small. I then stitched her and the square piece with a glaze pen. I cut slits in the bottom layer to run a satin ribbon through. Ok, this was really different for me, and I was a mess at the end, but I think I will try it again sometime. I just hope I got it right for the challenge!










Now the best for last! I got the best RAK (random act of kindness) from my blog buddie Sue!!!! You can see her great work on her blog Slumber Cards she does some great cards! And it looks like she just got a new puppy! I couldn't even fit everything into the photograph. But there are tons of wonderful Penny Black images to color... she found out I don't have any at all and sent me some to play with all tucked into the cutest little image card holder. She also added in some really cool tags from a UK company can't wait to play with them! And then another card with some sweet words. Your the best Sue! Thanks so much!










Well gotta get the day going, meeting up with an old friend for lunch to plan a Bridal shower for the daughter of another friend. I really don't know when that cute little girl grew up and now is old enough to get married! Wow time flies!

Well have a great Monday - HUGS and

13 comments:

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Beautiful card. Like the colors and the wunderful image. The details are great, love the stitching! You did a great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining in and making a card with my first sketch ever.... Love from Holland.
The other card for the Tilda and Co challenge is also beautiful. And what a great friend to sent you this gift!! Can't wait to see what you are going to make with the PB's

Tanya said...

Very beautiful card!! Love all the elements you've put together so artistically!!
xx

Allison Rankin said...

Great cards Michelle...love all that sugared DP on the first one esp.!

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

I'm totally in love with your card. You did a great job. I love the stamp.

Rosalien

Alhambra Club said...

both cards are fatastic, have to check out Friday sketchers.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card's Michelle I love them both. What a Fab RAK you have received from sue have fun with all the images.

Annie said...

what gorgeous cards you have made, but sorry to hear you've fallen out with your sewing machine! Enjoy playing with the PB images from Sue, she is indeed a lovely lady. annie x

Suzanne said...

Fab cards I love the tilda one serentipity I wouldn't know where to start!!! and the cowboy is great. So pleased to see you received your images. Not sure how much I will get done in the next couple of days!!! Sue :o)

Donalda said...

Oh your cards are darling !!!!! I just love the cowgirl !!!

Frances said...

Ooo great cards, LOVE (shouting back at ya:D)your pink cowgirl - are those earrings you've added - brilliant! Looks like your gelpen wrecked your sewing machine when you weren't looking - think it must have got jealous ;). xx

Anonymous said...

Both cards are so beautiful !! The first card is so cute ! I love the colors and the stamp ! And the second card is so pretty ! Very great work !

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow, stunning cards Michelle, I love the colour scheme of the cowgirl card and what a fab image, Your Tilda card is also so pretty and I love what you have done to the backing paper, What wonderful mail too. Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

wonderful cards, beautiful colours, great.