Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thanks a Bunch!

I still am floating over the exciting news I shared yesterday! I worked on the Ismaki Challenge last night and a Thank you card made with my one and only Rachelle Anne Miller stamp seemed perfect to work with in honor of Stampavie! Although it won't be my only for long... got orders out there!

This weeks sketch is really great. My only struggle was with the vertical title. I really didn't have anything that "fit". Especially with the papers I picked from Daisy D's Sweet Baby Jane line. I loved the floral paper and it went so well with the pink and green lined paper, that reminds me of old fashioned Chenille. The bands could have been done with ribbon very easily, but the pink lines in the paper just went so well.


I stamped the lovely Penelope stamp with Brilliance Graphite Black Ink, and heat set as I was in a hurry to get it colored. =) I colored with my Copics and Twinkling H2O's. Then high lighted with my trusty white gel pen... (yes Fran, I love my pen LOL!) I cut the circle with my Nestibilities and then cut a scallop out of a bright white card stock. Now this stamp is perfect for an oval cut, but the sketch had a circle, so I held my breath and cut the circle. And love the way it came out! I used a Hanna Stamps sentiment that I curved on my block to fit the circle shape more. I "stitched" down everything with my gel pen, again =).


Now those flowers are just great aren't they! I found them at my LSS they had tons of colors and shapes. And even better I could pick and choose what I wanted and what type of leaves, all for just a dime a piece! I am so in happy with them... I do believe I need to go and get more before they are all sold out.

Today is MIL shopping day already! Once a week I take my Mother-n-law out and we run errands, hit sales, the craft stores and the grocery store. So I need to get ready and check on the donkeys and hit the road! Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

HUGS and-


Card Info:
Stamps: Rachelle Anne Miller
Papers: Bazzill, Daisy D's Sweet Baby Jane
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Uniball White Gel Pen, Twinkling H2O's, Plastic flowers and leaves, brads, Spellbinders Nestibilities.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

wala pulos imo blog.

Anonymous said...

oh very fabulous card

Anonymous said...

Very nice card!

Allison Rankin said...

Love this image you have used here...so pretty with these sketch elements!

Anonymous said...

I just saw your TOTALLY exciting news!!!!! Congratulations Michelle!!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

Debbie said...

Fab card I love the gorgeous papers you have used

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful card ! I love the colors and the stamp ! Very great work !

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is gorgeous Michelle and yes.. I just love those flowers. Your colouring is beautiful. I must use my copics more. Hope you had a fruitful shop with your MIL. Hugs, Nikki x

Ila said...

This is So Gorgeous!! I love the coloring, layout and that Sweet stamp!!

Christa said...

Great card Michelle!! I love your colouring with the Copics ... I also can't believe I'm in the DT team! I can't wait to start. Congratulations to you!
Hugs Christa

Heidi said...

WOW!!!!! Your coloring is so beautiful my friend. I just love this. Its so many cute details! the paper looks so great.

Hugs from
heidi

Frances said...

LOL, great card Michelle, love the papers.

'white-gel-pen-itus' illness must be spreading as I've just made my DT card for CCT this week and looking at it now have realised I've 'stitched' all over it(you'll see what I mean on Thurs)! All your fault :D xx

Anonymous said...

rho tres belel carte !! lily et milo sont superbes
bizz Mu

Patsy said...

LOve this card. The highlights with the white gel pen are great!!

Anonymous said...

Very gorgeous card, it's so lovely, very great work !

Anonymous said...

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!! very beautiful card and colors is splendide !!!!!!!!!

Bev said...

Wonderful card, so pretty!!!

stampmonkey said...

Such a cute card! Great job on the coloring.

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

beautiful card! great image and colouring!

Rach said...

Brilliant card I just love your colouring. congrats on becoming part of the DT for stampavie..Well done.
Hugs Rach.x

Valérie Goldenschue said...

superbe et le motif est magnifique comme ça

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, gorgeous Card so Cute....Love the colors.