Sunday, June 1, 2008

2 card Sunday -

Well my schedule has just been upside down the last couple of days, and will be for a couple more days. So I am posting two cards today, and then my Monday post, and yes my blog candy winner, will be on late tomorrow afternoon.


Ok, first card -


Friday Sketchers is already on week 4! Wow this month has flown by. The sketch this week is from Heidi from Norway, her blog is fantastic so take a look. Her sketch is a great basic sketch that was fun to work with. I moved things over just a bit to fit my large Rubbernecker stamps. I love these two stamps, they are so fun to color in. I stamped them with my Brilliance Graphite Ink, and colored them in with Copics. I then created a moonlight glow with my twinkling H2O's. I love that stuff and it really does glow in person! When cutting out the background I cut the tree out of the square and cut it out by hand. I sewed it down to a onto the mat, which happened to be the backside of the pattern paper I picked. I distressed the edges of the pattern paper and sewed the edges of it, then distressed the edge of the mat. It needed just a bit more distress look so I inked the edges of all of it with dark brown, including the base for the card. I then cut out the cats and pop dotted them onto the back ground and did the same for the sentiment. I hope you can recognize the sketch in my card, and like how it turned out.



Second Card:


Saturday's Workout this week actually fit a few of my cards this week, but I was having fun with my sewing machine so I made a card just for the challenge, which this week was to "Be in stitches". To sew on your card, it actually gave the option to sew with a pen, but I have had my machine out and so I did the real thing... AHHH Imagine that no gel pen stitching! Trying to break out of my habits. So I pulled out this adorable little High Hopes Monkey and his bananas. I have had him more than a month and never inked him up. I colored him with Copics, and gave a little twinkle in his smile with white gel pen. I colored the banana's with Copics then high lighted with Spica Glitter Pens. I really need to find a better way to photo the glitter! It really sparkles in real life. I then found this striped paper in my scraps that was the perfect colors. I double matted the monkey with a yellow and the same green that I was using for the base. I matted the striped paper with the yellow as well. I used a dark brown thread and zig zag stitched it all down. The sentiment was stamped on the yellow and lightly colored in then stitched onto a piece of green. Now please don't laugh at my ribbon. I was going for a bow tie look. I think it is just sad. I really need a class on pretty bows... anyone know of a tutorial out there? I cut out the extra bananas, one is pop dotted to the monkey's hand and the others are placed in the bottom corner with pop dots. A really funny card I think, this monkey will be seeing more ink I am sure!
Ok, so don't forget blog candy winner will be late afternoon on Monday... I am so excited! Have a great Sunday!

Card Info:
Cat's Meow:
Stamps: Rubbernecker
Paper: Bazzill, Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Briliance Graphite Black, Colorbox Catseyes
Accessories: Copic Markers, Twinkling H2O's, Sewing Machine, Thread, Pop dots.
It's your Day:
Stamps: High Hopes
Paper: Bazzil, pp unknown
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Uniball White Gel Pen, Spica Glitter Pens, Ribbon, Sewing Machine, thread, Pop dots.

31 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow 2 fab cards I Especially love the first one what a great little scene.

Sandy said...

Oh Michelle what for awesome cards.
Really really lovely. Love your artwork.

Thanks for this card to Saturday´s Workout.

Femmy said...

both are beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Two amazing cards...love them both! The cat scene is fabulous...love the stitching. Thanks for joining in FS challenge again.

Carole :D

Suzanne said...

Wow two fabulous card I love the cats and you have done a great job with the sketch, the HH monkey is soo cute and I love all the stitching it look fab. Sue :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! I'm not sure which card I like better ! I LOVE them both ALOT ! Too darn cute!

Bev said...

Oh wow! Two fabulous cards. Adore the cat scene, it's brilliant

Katharina Frei said...

Wow, two fantastic creations Michelle! I love the huge scene on the first one and all the sewing and the beautiful papers on the second one. Thank you for your lovely words about my son Noel. You are such an Angel!

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Both cards are absoluty great!!! The one of FS is stunning, I really love it!!! The card are perfect combined with papers and colors, and lovely details!!

Heidi said...

WOW!!!!!!! This is so great! I just LOVE the card with the cats ......It makes me smile. Its so funny. I really want that stamp. Its great.
And the card with the monkey is so cute. Wonderful details. You are so talented.

Hugs from
Heidi

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow, Both cards are just fantastic Michelle. The cat card is just so great and I love these funny characters. Great work with the sewing machine too on your monkey card. Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!

Donalda said...

those are just darling !!!!!!!!!! I love them gorgeous work girl

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

these cards are totally awesome, love all the details you put into all of your cards.

i also like how your pictures look like. fabulous!!!

Kelly L said...

I think both of the cards are just adorable! I don't think your bow looks that bad at ALL. It does look like a bow tie. The only tutorial I can think of right now off the top of my head was just a written one from Bad Sherry, I believe. It said to use the bunny ear technique with your bow to get it to lie flat on your card. I use that one when I don't want one with tails. HTH

Allison Rankin said...

Wow Michelle...terrific cards! The first one is my fav with the sponged and distressed edges!

BethW said...

Both smile bringers-thank you!

Patti Smith said...

Oh my two terrific cards...I think the first is my favorite love the distressed edges..it just looks very time intensed....hope you have a wonderful week....((HUGS))

Ila said...

Wow! These are both Gorgeous and Super Cute!!..love the scene on the kitty card!!

Anonymous said...

wow, these cards are gorgeous, wonderful. Great.

Jen said...

I love these cards, the stamps one the first one are adorable!
Jennifer x

Nancy said...

oh wow, so wunderschöne karten!!

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

WOW GREAT .beutiful colors and i like the image very much!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your card's very very funny and great work !!!!!!

Unknown said...

WOW - your choice of colour is fab - love them both X

jjcreations said...

Both of these are fantastic. I love all the details you've added. Joan

Andrea said...

I love both, beautiful

Frances said...

WOW, love them both (I've not coloured in my monkey either!)

Annie said...

2 fabulous cards Michelle, I especially like the cat's meow card - it made me smile and is such a fun image!

Rika said...

What a great card!!

Kathy said...

Wow these cards are both beautiful!!! I love that first one the scene is awesome!! You did such a wonderful job with the coloring!! The second one is so cute too! I love the image and the colors are great!!