Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A New Red Convertible

No, I did not get a new red convertible... Snoopy did. I was running errands and went into Hobby Lobby to see what they had on sale, and stamps were 1/2 off. I don't know why this stamp made it into my basket. I have no other Snoopy stamps, but that little red convertible was just too cute to resist. Most all of the other stamps I picked up were Sentiments.

I then brought Snoopy home and worked on the Papertake Weekly Challenge. This week was "To Die For". To use die cuts. Well I have a whole box of dies. All brands, shapes and sizes. But this one was still in the packaging never used and honestly I don't remember when I bought it. It is one of the Cuttlebug Cut and Emboss sets. Ok, takes time. You have to cut out each shape with the die cutter, then run in back through with the embossing folder. To do one shape wouldn't be bad... but flower petals took a little while. But they are cute. I used a DCWV Card base that is a front open card. Different... A scrap piece of Pattern Paper, red card stock that used my new Threading Water Fiskars Border punch. I stitched the border down with white gel pen. The petals were all stacked up and Snoopy placed on top. Oh he is colored with Copics and Spica You Glitter Pen for the chrome and lights on the car, and then cut out with my Fiskars fingertip knife. Love that knife!



Now it has been a few days since I have posted any of my donkeys. I took the first one Sunday afternoon, it was hot here. Really HOT. And Raffie was taking advantage of whatever shade he could find. Now they have two barns in this pen, and one large tree to get under, but for some reason they all fight over this one spot. Shady but still breezy here, just don't move too much or you loose the shade!









The second photo is one of my favorites. I am sad that it is just a bit blurry, I was a long way from there and had to zoom in to get this photo. Actually Hubby probably wouldn't like me posting this photo... not manly enough. But it is just to cute to not post. He is hugging and talking to Angelina one of the babies. He tells every donkey we have that "they are his favorite, just don't tell the others", but with Angelina I think it is true. =)


Hope you have a great Wednesday! Can't believe the week is 1/2 over already... Wow I am so behind this week!


HUGS and -

19 comments:

Suzanne said...

Cute card snoopy really takes me back!! Love the flower looks very effective worth the effort.That gorgeous donkey looks so happy with hubby what a lovely life they have. Sue :o)

Alhambra Club said...

this card is great and glad to see Snoopy out of the plane and into a convertible. The photo of your husband with the donkey is precious, hope she doesn't tell the other donkey's that she is his favorite

Ila said...

Love your Fabulous and Fun Snoopy card Michelle!!
The photos are wonderful...thanks for sharing!!

Sue said...

Love your card. Very original. What adorable donkeys you have.

Sue said...

What a great card, i lurves snoopy:)

Sue
xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous bright Snoopy card Michelle and loved the embossing. Loved seeing your photo's too. Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

This Snoopy card is so cute. I also have that CB set & haven't used it much. Thanks for the inspiration.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

absolute fabulous michelle.
love the gatefold and the big bloom looks great on it. i sill have that stamp you never know :-)

jjcreations said...

Cute card and wonderful photos!!! I scrolled down and looked at some of the ones I missed. They sure are cute....the donkey's. Cards too, but I'm talking about the donkeys. Joan

Tina said...

Michelle i had tears in my eye reading this post, you do such an amazing job looking after those sweet babies. I can certainly see why your husband goes to tell each and every one they are his favourite..... they are all so beautiful.....keep up the good work there are not enough people like you in the world today... Crafty hugs.....Tina xx
I always say that if we replace half the people on this planet with animals the world would be such a beautiful place....

Janet said...

OMG, how cute is that!!!! You were right to post that pic. It is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

this is so cute, the motiv is so lovely, like the colours, wonderful

Godelieve said...

Fantastic gatefold card! Wow!!
Wonderful photos again!!

Mrs Mayne said...

Great card! Love the gatefold style! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! Love photo's too - very sweet! x

Frances said...

aww, love the photos Michelle.
Your card is fab too. Love the colours and worth doing all those petals and I love that border punch, lucky you- seems to be sold out everywhere I look! x

Mandy said...

fab card Michelle, and I always love seeing your photographs.....this particular one is sooooo cute !!

Mandy

Heather Huggins said...

Oh!!! Cute card. I need to try one like that. I'm going to case your card.

Bev said...

Absolutely brilliant card, love the image, love the papers - just love the card!

Anonymous said...

I love that gate fold card with Snoopy Cruisin' along.

What a sweet picture of your DH and Angelina. You're right, it's probably not manly enough for him, but it's nice to see. Angelina looks like such a sweetie.