Monday, June 9, 2008

Tilda is swirling now baby!

I love this Tilda. Is it the hair blowing, the rolled up jeans, the flower wreath in her hair? I don't know I just love her. So I inked her up for this weeks challenge at Tilda & Co., which was SWIRLS. Ok, love them too. =)

I am going to admit, this card is nothing like it started. I am not totally happy with it, but I am accepting it. I really didn't plan on the chipboard swirls to be heart. It happened, and it was glued down, oh well. I love the papers! Basic Grey Two Scoops is just so fun, and I love the colors of the whole line. So much so that I rarely use it, cuz I hoard it. I of course picked the swirl paper, and then two of the solid colors. I matted them with the same off white card stock that I used for the base. I then cut the edges of the mats with my fiskars scalloped scissors. Ha, yep pulled out my deco scissors, probably my first "tool" that I don't use that often any more. And I have oh I don't know 15-20 different ones! They really are a basic that I should use more. Anyway, I was going to sew down every thing... and would you believe I couldn't find my white thread!! Every color under the rainbow, but couldn't find my white! I must have pulled it out of the box to sew on one of hubby's buttons and who knows where I put it from there! So I used my white gel pen and doodled and stitched down things. The chipboard swirls are inked with Colorbox ink and then I used Stickles pink cotton candy on top. They are pretty cool looking in person. Tilda is colored with Copics and then high lighted with white gel pen. Her flowers in her hair are colored in with Sakura Glaze Pens. Love them, they are bright and shine. The "Hello" sentiment if from Fiskars Odles of Doodles set.




Well off to start my day... running late already. Gato has to go to the vet today, time for her 6 week check up. I hate when they have to give the shots to such little ones, but need to keep her healthy. (Oh and yes, I think she is a she. Told you it was hard to tell when they are so little) =)

Well make it a great Monday!
Hugs and-

12 comments:

Unknown said...

your card is really cute and so marvellous ... i love the design and colours .. well done!!!
hugs, bea

Bunny B said...

Great card! I love it, it's adorable! Love the choice of colors!

Heidi said...

I love this card-beautiful colors and coloring!

Hugs from
Heidi

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is beautiful Michelle. I love the swirl paper and Tilda just looks so adorable. Congratulations on making it throught to the Stampavie Design Team. I am so glad they picked you as your work is amazing. Hugs, Nikki x

Bev said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the colours

Allison Rankin said...

Awesome use of chipboard Michelle...I got to do something like this and get out of my rut!

Donalda said...

Oh your card is just darling, and Tilda is adorable. I guess I missed that stamp some where along the line but I just love it.

Heather "Hev" said...

I love how this has turned out :)

Gorgeous!!!

Congrtulations aswell :)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous card, beautiful

Frances said...

I love this Tilda too Michelle - great card. Are you sure you couldn't find your white thread or was it just excuse so you could use your white gel pen which you seem to love, LOL?!!!!!!!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

super cute.
i love this one very much
Claudi

ella bella said...

beautiful card love the colours and the image is very sweet