Friday, June 13, 2008

Warning... Don't EVER....

No Don't Ever... accidentally sew over a glue dot! Yep, really messes up not only the card you are working on, but the needle, the machine. And just really messes us your mood and happy crafting time. That was my evening last night, I "forgot" that I had used a glue dot when starting the thread thru the punches on the side of my card. When doing it I thought to myself, "now remember when you are sewing it to avoid this part" Well I didn't and almost 2 hours later I had things back and running. Man it did a number on my sewing machine! So don't ever sew over a glue dot... okay....


Ok, today's card is for my sister. I think I am safe in posting it now, cuz as I type she is getting ready to go into surgery to have her Gal bladder out. And probably won't be reading this for a day or two and by then I will have given it to her. I know this isn't a "surgery" type of get well card, but it is a new stamp I just got from Alota Rubber Stamps, and I really was wanting to ink it up, and she will get a kick out of it.


Isn't it just the cutest image for a get well card, I made sure to get the challenge of three embellishments in so it qualifies for the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week. I stamped out the image and colored in with Copics, and white gel pen. And you can't see it in the photo but I used the clear Sakura Glaze Pen to do the thermometer, and it really shines in real life.


The floral patten paper is from Cosmo Cricket, I punched the edge with my new Fiskars Leave it to Weaver border punch and ran a scrap piece of red ribbon thru it, 1st embellishment. (yep that is where that darn glue dot is underneath). I sewed the edges... lots of time and screaming later. I attached it to the yellow base. Now the corner was pretty messed up from the sewing machine, but I was determined to save this card. So 2nd embellishment I colored in two chipboard corners from my stash with the same green as the chair and hid the big boo boo.



I then stamped the sentiment, also by Alota Rubber Stamps, and then matted with a brown piece of card stock that I stamped with my wood background stamp. It has the look of a frame, so I hung it! I glued down a red cord and then used a Colorbox Metal Adhesive dot for the "nail", the 3rd embellishment. I love this image, I got a few other with my order but do think I will need more as they are just too much fun to color in and give details to.


Well I had better run... want to check on my sister and get a couple of errands done!

Have a Great Friday!

Hugs and-


Card Info:
Stamps: Alota Stamps
Paper: Bazzill, Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Sakura Glaze Pens, Uniball White Gel Pen, Ribbon, Fiskars Border Punch -Leave it to Weaver, Cording, Unknown Chipboard Corners, Colorbox Metal Adhesive Dot, Cording, Sewing Machine, Thread, Pop Dots.

23 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This card is adorable, love everything about it, sorry to hear about your "glue dot" fiasco, but glad that everything is now up and running right again.

Debbie said...

Fab card Love the new stamps they are gorgeous.

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card, that stamp is fantastic and your colouring is just perfect. Thanks for the tip about the glue dot, that is just the sort of thing I would do! I hope your sister's operation goes ok and that she has a speedy recovery.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Bev said...

Oh WOW!! This is absolutely fantastic! Love th stamp too - too cute

jenny said...

Love the card :) the image is great and I love how the pp looks like wallpaper!
I am sure your sister will love it :) and hope she is feeling better soon x

Ila said...

OMGosh!! Michelle!! this is just the Cutest!! I love your coloring and that image is just Fabulous!!
Thanks for the warning about sewing...I will definetly be little more careful now. Glad you got your machine back up and running....Hmmm...always wondered what would happen if the stickies got in the sewing..lol.

stampmonkey said...

What a bummer about the glue dot mishap -- good to note for future reference though.

This card is darling -- I LOVE your coloring! -- and I'm sure your sister will love it. Hope she recovers quickly. tfs

BethW said...

I'm in need of a donkey fix!

Deb said...

fabulous card, love the image it is such a fun image and sentiment, hope your sister recovers quickly, thank you for joining in with the challenge

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oh my goodness michelle.. this is just darling :-)

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

keep going back to this card. i adore it!!
sorry about the glue dot :-)
i ususally just use a tiny piece of double sided tape but this tip does not help a lot now have a good weekend michelle

Allison Rankin said...

Wow...another super creation. Nice scene you have created!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What a fantastic card Michelle and such a cute character, seeing your cards makes me want to rush to Alota website and place an order. Have a great weekend, Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

this card is gorgeous, so beautiful.
Great.

Frances said...

Oo this is just too cute Michelle. Just ordered from Alota too but didn't look at the bugs (too many to choose from) but you have just made me start a list for my next visit LOL!

Love the whole scene and fab colouring. thanks for the tip (can't tell you made a boo boo, great save!) and hope your sister has a speedy recovery. xx

Sharon said...

Ooo gorgeous. I have just ordered my first lot of Alota stamps. Can't wait til they come now.
I hope your sister is recovering well.

Ying Pang, said...

I love your card, so stunning. Thank you for sharing the glue dot tip and the donkeys' photos, I enjoyed.

Annie said...

Best wishes to your sister on her op - I had my gall bladder out in 2001 and felt much better without it! and thanks for the tip about the sewing machine and the glue dots - will I remember it though?!?!?

Anonymous said...

What a darling card! Your colouring is superb too, Michelle, I love it.

Beth said...

Awww, this is such a cute stamp! Fab card! And thanks for the tip!

Crafting Diva said...

Brilliant card love the stamped image

Patsy said...

This card is adorable. The image and sentiment are perfect. Love your artwork.

Jilli said...

This card is stunning! I love the colours and the colouring of the stamp. Absolutely fab!