Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summer in Blooms and two more Tildas!

Summer in Blooms - The Tilda and Friends ATC challenge this week is for Summer in Blooms, it is so hot here flowers are just not happy, but at least on my ATC they can be. I used one of the Spring Tilda's with flowers and colored her with Copics and white gel pen. Matted it on a scrap of pink card stock and gel stitched the edge.


I tried to do something different and cover the edges with prima flowers , but it just didn't want to work with me. Looked really bad, so I decided to go more simple and stacked three different sizes of primas and a brad and put on one corner. Clean and Simple.






Speaking of Clean and Simple, this card was a struggle for me, as it was so much open space. But I really like how it came out. The sketch is from this weeks Papertake Weekly Challenge. And I loved it when I looked at it, Katharina's sketches always do rock.
I used a blank card, that was in my stash. I then went through my stash of scraps and found this lilac piece of card stock and punched the border with a Martha Stewart border punch. I new I wanted to use this piece of Papertrey Ink ribbon, but it wasn't enough, so I layered a wide piece of white ribbon with it. The flowers are Primas that were still new in the package, that I know I have had for at least 2 years! The sentiment is from Stampablities, I love the font, and that it is just so perfect for so many cards.
Ok now it should have been finished there. But I just couldn't stand the edge, even hubby said it seemed like it needed something on the edge. So I doodled just on the card base. It is done... then I just couldn't stand not coloring something and using it. I pulled out another Tilda (I know that is 4 in a row!) colored her and sat her on the ribbon. Ahhhh just felt better!






Well I know I promised some blog candy this week. I am putting it together and hope to post it on Friday or Saturday... keep an eye out! Oh and I will try and get some donkey photos up this weekend again. Hubby is home again today so that means more outside work, and less blog surfing again today! YUCK! Hope you all have a great Thursday and get to do more surfing than I do!

HUGS and-

16 comments:

Sharon said...

They are both gorgeous Michelle. Love the pretty colours on the ATC and you did a great job with the sketch.

Anonymous said...

Both are so beautiful !! I love your coloring and everything ! Very great work !

Allison Rankin said...

Wow...love that second one esp. the layout. Should try this sketch!

Ila said...

I love them both Michelle....and I never get tired of Tildas!! the ATC is fabulous and the flower looks perfect.
I agree Katharina's sketches are always Wonderful!...You did a great job on this sketch ...I like the Tilda added on ...Gorgeous coloring!!..Hugs, Ila

Annie said...

beautiful card Michelle and love the ATC with Tilda and the bunch of flowers. thanks for joining in the fun again with us! annie x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Gorgeous work love them both so cute ,Dawnx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful ATC Michelle and I love your colouring with your copics, Great job with the sketch too and I love the Lilac colour scheme, Your doodling looks fab, Hugs, Nikki x

Cardmaking Galore said...

Nice work!

Donalda said...

Your atc and card is just gorgeous girl. Your coloring is so perfect

Patti Smith said...

Love the ATC and the card is awesome as well....I just love, love Tilda...(((HUGS))))

debby4000 said...

Great ATC, love the card too.

Katharina Frei said...

Wow, I also love how your card came out Michelle!! I know exactly how you feel. Nowadays it is even a bigger challenge to do a card without much embellishment and different papers...hihi
To do a beautiful "simple" card is the real art :)
Have a fab weekend!

Unknown said...

Fab ATC Michelle, the colours are beautiful.
Caz
x

Richelle said...

Great cards! love the doodling on the edge of your cards you do.

Rosanne said...

Lovely cards, love the edging!

Mrs Mayne said...

That looks great! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x