Sunday, May 17, 2009

Alota Guy Card Challenge -

HI... sorry this is a late morning post today - went to breakfast, then I was messing with the settings on my camera and pulled out an old lens to see if it was better than I was using - uh no.. and now all my settings are messed up! So once done here I will have to keep working with that - I have all these lenses, filters and camera equipment that was my fathers - we was a very talented artist and a great photographer - I know all this stuff I have could do some really cool things and I could really take much better photos than I do if I could learn how to use it all - I think I need to take a class somewhere - do you think they teach between 2-3am? I think I could fit it in there! LOL




Now a card today - and it is for the New challenge on the PCP Alota Rubber Stamps group. This time Cheryl has the challenge - and she called for Cards for Men - which is great for Father's Day as well - Me.. I just was having fun with a brand new Alota image and then pulled out one I have had forever and put them together! First I colored up the beach house or is that a shack? From the Surf's Up collection. Anyway I colored up the little beach house with my Copics - it really was all I had planned for the card - then I remembered this perfect little sleeping man in the boat.. now it also had a fishing pole coming out of the boat.. oops.. as I was trying to stick it down to the card... it came off - and you know fishing is too much work anyway so this dude is just chillin' -



The card stock is Core-dinations that I sanded the edges, the pattern papers are My Minds Eye.. they sand well too - I used an EK Success border punch for the zig zag border - love that it embosses a stitch on there too. I added 6 dew drops, and then some Cloud 9 sticker stitches. Doodled the edges and my sentiment is a Cloud 9 epoxy sticker. Love the sentiment!



I hope you will join in this challenge - really any Alota image and if it is for a guy and it qualifies and the prize? Well the entire Surf's Up collection!!! That light house in the set is fabulous! well heck they are all fun - Please join in!


Well hope you have a great Sunday- me.. working on my camera :0) And watching the Yankee game!

HUGS and-

8 comments:

Zoe said...

Hello Michelle, I love your pretty colouring and I love the saying.
love
Zoe
xxxxx

Helene said...

Great card.
Hugs,
Helene

StampinCathy said...

This card is just fabulous and so TRUE!

Suzanne said...

Fabulous card love the images and your colouring is fabulous love the sentiment too.Wish my photos were half as good as yours!!! Sue :o)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Great card Michelle, Love the little scene, such a great sentiment too, this would be perfect for my FIL, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Cynde said...

I totally love this card! What a great go together...all of it. The guy chillin in the boat is perfect...especially love the saying you put with it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cynde said...

I totally love this card! What a great go together...all of it. The guy chillin in the boat is perfect...especially love the saying you put with it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Dawn Wheeler said...

fab card
Just stopping by to tell you about the exciting new Challenge blog that has just been announced, packed with fresh creative ideas, to be run by myself and Ann (madgesty loves to create). Please stop by the link below and check out the brilliant blog candy on offer and how you can become involved. See you there xxx
The Next Level.