Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Just Magnolias Day! Animals and Insects!

It is time for the Just Magnolias challenge! Today we are Animals and Insect crazy! I just love this team... so many wonderful ladies and wow the talent.. love how different we are all -

My card - I went with a image I haven't used in a long time - Love this Tilda riding her horse - I thought my new neighbor might like this one as a welcome to the neighborhood friend card -

Tilda is colored with my Copics - with a chalk background.
The papers are a Core-dinations card stock for the base and the papers are My Minds Eye. Love the vintage look and they are so heavy in weight.
I made a white fence with the Martha Stewart Border punch, then ran a brown ribbon across the midde. I cut a circle out of the backside of one of the pattern papers and inked it. The clock face is from Heidi Swapp - I placed a photo turn in the center with a gem brad. The sentiment is cut with my MM Slice - I got the new Words & Expressions cartridge ;0) was so thrilled to find in locally! And that corner metal embellishment has been in my stash forever!! It is from Making Memories and was so happy I ran across them the other day - forgot I had them.

The flowers are Prima.. with dark green Martha Stewart Frond leaves high lighted with white gel pen. Centers are large jewelery spacers with mini brown brads. Love how they POP on the card. I also doodle stitched the edges of the card and image with the white gel pen.

I really hope you will take a minute to see all the DT work at Just Magnolias Challenge site... wow they ladies really outdid themselves this week!


I'll be back in a while with a second post today... InStyle Blog Hop day! See ya in a bit!

HUGS and-

10 comments:

Rach said...

hiya sweetie, this is an awesome card, so clever. love how you have the clock hand pointing at the four .. brilliant. gorgeous colouring as always.. xxx

Jóna said...

This is an amazing card Mmchelle, love everything about it !!

crafty amy said...

This is gorgeous! I love it when you find some long forgotten stash that fits perfectly :)

X Amy X

Tab said...

Oh hun, your card is gorge! I adore the image, so sweet and the clock looks fabulous! Oh what a lovely card to send to a new neighbour, I bet they will love it, so much take and thought gone into it too!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs Tab xxxx

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Michelle!! Love the clock!

Kristine said...

Awwww, LOVE THIS card and so would my 10 yr. old daughter!! Really into horses right now. LOVE the clock and your flowers and leaves, and those flower centers are so awesome! What a FANTASTIC card Michelle!! :) Thanks for sharing.

Ila said...

Wow!! this is just Amazing and Gorgeous!!...I love the whole layout and details...what a neat idea to have a clock..and it looks Fabulous!!..Total Wow Card Michelle!!!....Hugs, Ila

Dawn B. said...

This has such incredible detail. I love the flowers with the special middles. This image is so cute. I have never seen this one. Great job on coloring it. TFS

Cynde said...

This card is so darn cute! Love all the layers you have going on. I haven't seen this stamp from Magnolias before! It is so great!! What a truly beautiful card Michelle....Thanks for the inspiration!

Marcea said...

wonderful card Michelle, stunning colouring and such brilliant details
-x-