Hi! I got a chance to play again this week for the InStyle Blog Wednesday challenge! And this week it is Birthdays! LOL it seems like all the challenges are needing some birthday cards! But hey I always need more b-day cards! And for my card this week I chose to use the InStyle Retro image Dan and Mandy I love how universal this image is! And heck they are eating ice cream so that is just a bonus!
I colored up my image with my Copics and then doodled around it - then matted on a scrap piece of dark orange paper. Now I knew I wanted to use my Cuttlebug embossing folder for this card - been forever since I have pulled it out and used it, so I dusted it off and ran a piece of yellow core-dination card stock thru it. Then very very lightly sanded it. I found a piece of Cloud 9 pattern paper that had all the same colors I was using - love that!
I made a border with the Martha Stewart Double dot scallop punch - now I at first had the punch on the edge of the card - and at the last minute before sticking it down I flipped it - Seemed to really work better in the center. I added the green ribbon as a band and then the yellow embossed paper just seemed huge! So I found an orange ribbon to place as a center band, was just going ribbon wild! LOL...
Then those flowers.. love those Prima's! I added the white gel pen stitching to them, but love how they have shape to them. Punched out some Martha frond leaves and added a couple of buttons! Ta Da! It all came together really quick!
Do jump on over and check out the InStyle Challenge... great prize of cool digital images!
OH OH and also some fun news for InStyle as well! There is a Guest DT call!
We are looking for 2 fabulous guest designers to join our team for the June-July term. Could that be you?
To apply for the guest design team spot:
1. Make a project based on today’s birthday challenge.
2. You do not have to use an ISS image. However, if you’ve got one, you might as well flaunt it! Please keep in mind that most of our images are line art, so be sure to show us your coloring skills.
3. Post your project on your personal blog and write about the guest designer call. Then come back here and leave a link to your blog post in the comment section under this post. Please include your email address so we are able to get in contact with you if you are selected.
4. All entries must be received by 11:59pm PST on Wednesday, May27th.
5. We will be announcing the winner during the blog hop on Friday, May 29th.
If you have any questions relating to the guest designer call, please contact Melissa at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How cool is that? And you just need to make a Birthday card! Then follow the instructions in posting! I hope you will try out! This is a wonderful team of ladies!
Hope you have a great Wednesday - I have that achy feeling.. oh I so hope I am not getting sick!! Believe me lots of vitamins and eating well today! Anything to fight this off - no time to be sick and Hubby will not be a happy camper if he gets it! And neither will I cuz he is a horrible sick person! LOL