Saturday, May 2, 2009

Still Waiting.....

Yes... we still wait for Lacey to have her baby - She really looked close last weekend then in typical Donkey stubbornness everything stopped. But here again we think she is getting closer again... we have a front coming in tonight and things are suppose to cool down just a bit, maybe that is what she is waiting for -

Vickie is right there too... not quite as far along. I soooo hope she has a spot this time, she lost her last baby, it was her first and there was a problem. It was a pretty little brown girl. She again is bred to Raffie (my smiling donkey) Believe me this time I will be very close when she goes into labor, and very much hoping for a spot, but just a healthy little bouncing donkey will be just fine!


Caught Valentine in the middle of a morning Dirt Bath just before 7am this morning -


You can almost see him looking at me like - hey Mom what are you doing out here so early? This is my bath time!

Dad was leaving for work and the three standards were begging for some treats. Well Dad always has mints - I love this one I got of Ted E. Bear... he is such a ham for the camera - trying so hard to reach the mint... but notice he doesn't take his eye of the camera. That boy loves to have his photo taken ;0)


Can you hear Libbie? "MOM She's licking me again!!!" I took these last weekend when my friends were here - we were laughing so hard at them. They had just been tearing the house up running a million miles an hour barking, and meowing... then suddenly Gato decided that Libbie needed a bath - They really do love each other.



Libbie looks like here she is saying... "Hey stop it they are looking and photographing us!"


"Well if you won't stop... I'll sit on you!" They really do make me laugh! I had someone ask what kind of dog Libbie is. She is a Toy Australian Shepherd. It is a pretty hard breed to find, we drove 3 hours one way to get her. She should only be about 9-10 pounds when full grown. And she is just over 5 months old now. Someday we will get a little boy... then more puppies ;0)
Hope you have a great Saturday and you enjoyed Donkey, Libbie, Gato day... I am going to work on some projects today.
Hugs and-

17 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Michelle! oh dear, more waiting, surely it can't be long now! Enjoy your weekend, hugs, annie x

mckinkle said...

Hi, just had to say i just LOVE following your blog, the donkeys are soooo gorgeous! I cant wait to see Lacey's baby!! Fingers crossed it will be soon!
Keryn :D

Anita said...

Cute photos! This is such a wonderful way to start a day.

TA Carbone said...

Oh Michelle all the photos are just wonderful today. Seems all your babies are hams one way or another. Also looks like Libbie is the same length and height of Gato. They really do love each other.

TA
http://carbonescorner.blogspot.com

Ila said...

Thanks for sharing these Fabulous photos Michelle!! ....love the one of the dirt bath...(reminds me of Buddy when he wants a belly rub..LOL)...and Libbie and Gato are just precious together!!
Thanks so much for sharing the news of my blog candy...Big Hugs!!..Ila

jacque4u2c said...

thanks! i love looking at your photos!

DawnMarie said...

Hi Michelle, I had to pop by and see how your furry babies were doing, after yesterday I really needed something to make me smile. Hope Lacey has a good healthy baby and Vickie too after losing her first. I love the pic of valentine having his dirt bath, kicking his legs up in the air and ted e bear having his morning mint (must be for the ladies)to freshen his breath lol. The pics of Gato and Libbie are hilarious. So sweet. Its really made my day reading your blog. Thank you. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Viv said...

Your donkeys are so gorgeous, hope the babies are all born safely. Libbie & Gato are so sweet...what great buddies!

Dawn Gallop🐝 said...

Sooooo cute!!! they are all adorable!!

Nilla said...

They are all so cute, all the animals! Nilla

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

OMG, one of my cats looks exactly like your cat - wow! will try and post her pic! love the donkeys! a lovely blog you have! Hugs always!

ribenaruby said...

Lovely pics, can't wait for the good news and Libbie and Gato are the bestest of friends. Have a happy day!

Unknown said...

How cute these pictures are!
Great you have your own donkeys. And even baby-donkey's to come...wow! Some excitement!
And the pics of Libbie and Gato are so adorable...

BethW said...

Adorable all-the pics of LIbby and Gato are priceless!

Dawn said...

Awww I hope those babies arrive safe and soon!!
Wonderful photos as wver Michelle..

Wow how wonderful Gato and Libbie get on so great - brilliant to see them together - my two furries wouldn't know what a dog is....LOL

TFS

Dawn

Bev said...

ROFL at Libby and Gato - they are just too funny for warods and I just love that last pic Michelle, we know who's top dog now don't we lol. Good luck for the new babies, I hope all goes well for them xx

Sharon said...

Gosh sorry Michelle I've been a bad blogger. I haven't commented on your blog for ages. Great pics your pets are soooo sweet.