Friday, May 1, 2009

Just Magnolias - Bev's Gorgeous Sketch!

Don't you just love Fridays!!
The weekend is almost here and now that means it is Just Magnolia's Challenge day!

And this week there is a GORGEOUS Sketch from our very own Bev!


For my card I went thru my Magnolia's and pulled out one of my favorites, Hubby calls this Tilda... the "hippie chick one", he thinks he is so funny, he names them. I colored her with my Copics and then cut her out and placed her on an oval cut pattern paper from BoBunny. All the pattern papers are from BoBunny, I love the fresh spring colors.For my scallop band across the middle I used a Martha Stewart border punch, I sewed everything down, and then added two small pieces of ribbon for the "x" I didn't actually wrap it instead ended it at the stitches. Pulled out some vintage pink buttons for my six dots. The flourish is cut with my Making Memories slice, with mini Prima flowers and adhesive bling for the centers.

The last thing I did was pull out my Flower Soft for her hair wreath, I love this stuff! Really adds a lot of depth and well it is just pretty!

I hope you will join in this week - again there is a great prize! A $25 Gift Voucher for Simon Says Stamp! You pick your own prize how cool is that! Also do visit the Just Magnolia Challenge site and see the fabulous creations from the other DT.. I still can't believe all the talent there in one place, and even more that I am there!

Have a great Friday!

HUGS and-

19 comments:

pinky said...

Gorgeous card, she really is a hippi chick lol. Love the addition of the flower soft must use mine.
Pinky

cats whiskers said...

Love it all the papers are fab as is your colouring and I love that image she used to be my favourite, must dig her out (that sounds painful dosn't it).
Hugs Jacqui x

Yvonne said...

Lovely card. Your colours are wonderful. I adore your image, and so beautifuly coloured.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

super sweet

Anonymous said...

lovely card. I like the papers you used too
Sarah

Ila said...

So So Gorgeous Michelle!!...love the papers, stitching, coloring, sweet Tilda..everything!!...Hugs, Ila

TA Carbone said...

Oh this is fantastic Michelle and I just used this paper for an upcoming class that I am teaching in June. I love the colors

TA
http://carbonescorner.blogspot.com

Pam S. said...

I just love your Tilda! the flower soft is such a wonderful addition...but your coloring is wonderful and your choice of papers!
Pam Going Postal

DawnMarie said...

Oh Michelle this is so beautiful, one of my favourite magnolia's. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Marcea said...

Hi there hunny, love your card and these papers, the are gorgeous!!!!!! Laughing at your hubby, so sweet he names them:o)
Hope you have a great weekend - thanks also for entering my candy .... good luck hunny
-x-

Kelly Schelske said...

It`s gorgeous Michelle! Love those papers:-)

Tab said...

Oh Michelle, me and you have such good taste, when it comes to picking Tilda's, hee hee. I also love how different our cards are, and you have coloured your sweet girl beautifully too. Delish papers and colour combo, just love it!
Hugs Tab xxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

So pretty Michelle, I love your colouring and added texture with the flower soft, Have a great weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki

Nilla said...

Stunning card love the details, and the headband is so sweet! hugs from Nilla

Annie said...

this one is so pretty Michelle, I love it! beautiful papers and I love the cute Tilda too. hugs, annie x

Dawn said...

Gorgeous so feminine and love the flower soft in her hair - love it!

Maria said...

Wow, what a beauty, Michelle. Hippie Tilda. . LOL! That's funny. She does sort of have hippy look! Love your color choices and the pretty dps that you used. Beautiful coloring too!!

Hope you're having a fantastic Sunday!

Maria

Bev said...

Utterly delicious!! Again you have chosen the perfect papers to compliment yuour sweet image hun - love it xx

Artyjen said...

Sweet "Hippie Chick" card....hope all goes well with the donkey labour.
xoxo