Monday, May 18, 2009

It is time for Stampavie's Monday Challenge!

Have you joined in on the new Stampavie Challenge yet? Well this week is week 4 and the challenge is a color challenge -

“Use Light Blue or Turquoise & Brown”. Make a card or any other handmade item using at least one Stampavie image and light blue or turquoise & brown in any way you can imagine. You will have time to join the fun until May 31th 12:00 blog time."

Now I normally pick my image then match my papers to the image, then color - Well this time I had some papers that I was just dying to use, you saw just a sneak of these papers on last Friday's Tilda card but this shows it off much better. It is just too cute - And I knew I wanted to use Rachelle Ann Miller's Cuddle Up image with this paper - heck I bought the whole pad of paper just cuz I fell in love with this pattern! LOL It is from Debbie Mum's JoAnn's Nursery Rhyme stack.

Now since the challenge was blue and brown... I started with a dark brown card stock - then to pull more of the blue out of my pattern paper I found a scrap of light blue card stock that I ran through my Cuttlebug Swiss dot embossing folder. Now that pattern paper, I just cut along the scallop of the pattern and then stuck it down -

My image is colored with my Copics - I went more for a dark grey look on the sheep - was trying to go with the wording on the paper "Baa Baa Black Sheep" but black sheep are hard to color you know! LOL I matted the image with a piece of the brown card stock and then ran a white lace ribbon across the card and attached the image with pop dots. Those 4 buttons are from Grandma's button tin... Then I just white gel pen stitched the edges of the brown card stock and done! Except for that one thing that I just have to do for these little sheep... yep I don't know why but I always go back and stickle them for some bling ;0)




Once again I decorated the inside and forgot to take a photo.. duh!

Well gotta shake a leg - the air conditioner men are on their way.. yep we have to have a new unit put in - so they will be her all day. Hope you Monday is better than mine! And oh I hope they get everything in and working by the end of the day or we will have no air tonight - at least it isn't as hot as it was last week.

And don't forget to check out the Stampavie Challenge!!! Seriously you want to win one of Heidi's prize packages.... oh my you really want to win one of these... ;0)

HUGS and-

8 comments:

Bev said...

Oh this is just fabulous honey - Love that adorable image and those papers are so yummy (I would have had to buy the whole pad as well lol). x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful creation, love the papers you've paired with this cute image, lovely!

Tracey said...

This is fantastic Michelle! What perfect paper for that image.

Maria said...

Sorry to hear of your air condition crapping out, Michelle! I would just die if mine did. It's been in the upper 90s here lately. Arggh!

Love you sheep card. He is a cutie. Love the dimension that you added to his wool. Very pretty!

Maria

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute Michelle!!

Dawn Wheeler said...

So cute ,love it
Just stopping by to tell you about the exciting new Challenge blog that has just been announced, packed with fresh creative ideas, to be run by myself and Ann (madgesty loves to create). Please stop by the link below and check out the brilliant blog candy on offer and how you can become involved. See you there xxx
The Next Level.

jacque4u2c said...

AWE!!!! Just to CUTE!

Cynde said...

Darling card Michelle....the paper is perfect!