Monday, May 11, 2009

InStyle Method Monday - My Gidget Quilted Journal

Hello and Happy Monday - Today was my day to post on the InStyle Stamps Blog - for Method Monday - I chose to show how I make quilted pieces for projects - I made a journal. But the technique can be used for anything from cards to boxes to journals!



I love making journals - I have seen on blogs, and galleries these “quilted” papers - I really love the look and sat down to figure out how they did it, don’t know for sure how they did it, but I figured out a way for me- it really is simple and in person a really cool look -


If you would like all the details and how to make quilted pieces for your project all the info can be found on the InStyle Blog HERE and if you love the image I used today, this is Gidget from InStyle Stamps and you can see here HERE -


Hope you like my journal - what do you think of the quilted look? Pretty cool or not?


Have a great Monday!


HUGS and-


6 comments:

Ila said...

Your altered book looks Fabulous!..I love the quilted look...am off to see your tutorial!!...Hugs, Ila

kadie said...

This is ADORABLE! I love the colors and the texture. What a fun altered item.

Vicky said...

SO cute, Michelle! Love that quilting technique - I wouldn't have thought to run it through with an embossing plate to add that extra little touch - brilliant!

Nilla said...

Wow, what a great idea, love it. You matched the colours very well! hugs Nilla

Annie said...

wow! love that quilting Michelle! hugs, annie x

Kelly Schelske said...

Love this Michelle, the "quilting" looks awesome!

Hugs, Kelly