Friday, May 8, 2009

FRIDAY!!! It is Just Magnolia DAY!!!

This Just Magnolia challenge site has just been so much fun! And this week was a challenge I am really into right now! Stitches! Well me and my sewing machine are actually getting along lately - so I was pretty happy with this one!

When trying to decide which Magnolia I wanted to use this week, the roses with this Tilda just jumped out at me, then the light bulb went off and I remembered this rose paper from K&Company's Cut and Paste collection. Then bam... it all came together! I colored Tilda with my copics, then matted her on the red card stock I used for my card base. The pattern papers are all from one sheet of the collection, I just cut a couple of sections off, then matted with scrap olive green card stock. I sewed everything down with a blanket stitch with a deep red thread, then attached it all together - Because the image, and the papers were so bold and busy I decided that it really did not need any other embellishments... The thread was bold as well - and since it was the challenge I wanted it to be a focus ;0)
The sentiment... are you getting tired of these Cloud 9 epoxy stickers? I hope not cuz I got a bunch more of them! They were on sale, and well I just love the sayings - plus hey they are easy! I just stick them to a piece of card stock and cut around them, and they match! How perfect was this saying for this card? I love it!

Make sure you take a look at all the DT cards at Just Magnolias... wow these girls rock! and so many different ways to bring stitches to the challenge! And the prize again is a winner!
Hope you have a great Friday....
HUGS and-

17 comments:

Rach said...

fantastic card sweetie, just loving all your wonderful stitching detail .. the papers and image that you have used are so sweet and work perfectly together. hope you have a great weekend.x

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is GORGEOUS! Fantastic job coloring the roses, WOW!!!

stampinfrog said...

Fab card! Love the papers and your coloring is fantastic!
Hugs,Connie

Yvonne said...

I have to say , this card did jump out at me. The papers are so pretty and just fits perfect with this Tilda.
Love your stitching .

Martine said...

ooo this is stunnig michelle hun, i love your choice in papers, they match this gorgeous tilda image perfectly :)


xx

Martine

Elizabeth P said...

It´s a beautiful card! I love red roses and Cloud 9 epoxy stickers are great!

retiredheather said...

Love the card...the colors are popping. Your stitching looks fantastic.
Hugs
Heather

Nikki Fairbairn said...

You did an awesome job with your sewing machine Michelle, gorgeous colouring and such a beautiful sentiment, Have a wonderful weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Tab said...

Oooh gorgeous card hun! I adore those papers that you have used, work so well with this sweet little lady! Lovin all the stitching too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Maria said...

wow, your stitching is beautiful and so straight!! I can't sew straight! Your card is beautiful, Michelle. I love the pretty color and the rose dp matches so nicely.

Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!!

Maria

Nilla said...

Sooo beautiful, love the colours, colouring, well everything! Have a great weekend, hugs Nilla

Ila said...

Wow!! So Gorgeous!!..I love the way you colored Tilda...and the papers are so perfect!!...lovely stitching too!!....Hugs, Ila

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific...works real well with that rose-y DP too!

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous sewing Michelle, it's a gorgeous card!

Bev said...

Utterly exquisite! I loved this card as soon as I saw it sweetie, wow your stitching is stunning!! Fabulous colouring of the image too xx

Donalda said...

This is just beautiful dear along with all the other gorgeous art you have posted this week. Such gorgeous coloring dear as always.
Big Congrats on the baby dear. Hugs

Annie said...

ooo love that bunch of red roses! such a fabby card Michelle. hugs, annie x