Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A InStyle Wed. Challenge - PolkaDots for Mom

InStyle Stamps is having a Polka-Dot Mother's Day Challenge - Well we all need Mother's Day cards right now and I love Polka-Dots! So I just had to join in...

Now Darla doesn't look like the typical Mother's Day image does she? But with my idea she was perfect! I think she is so cute, I dress like this when I dust too... LOL!



Here is my card - it doesn't open, it is a pocket card. I took a blank 5x7 card and cut the top of the front of the card and then sealed the bottom and one open side. I decorated with My Minds Eye Laundry Line dotted paper, love this paper has a glitter shimmer to it. I also added a satin dot ribbon from American Crafts across the front, with a EK Success punched Retro flower, button and I made a label that said Happy Mother's day that I cut the edges with the Stampin Up word window punch.. wasn't easy.. need to practice that! I messed the first one up when it slipped and I punched through the words... (remember this was a label so it was already skinny LOL) I then punched two holes through one corder and added a ribbon pull.

Here is the pull out - I took a scrap piece of chip board, covered it with larger dots from the same paper collection but has that same glitter! I cut the corners with my Fiskar's corner rounder. I attached the image to the piece of card stock that I had cut from the base, rounded the corners of them as well. I doodled around as well. Then I made labels for my words "Good For One House Cleaning... No questions... No complaining" Now of course this isn't the card I am giving to my Mom or MIL .. heck MIL's house is much cleaner than mine - and as much as my Mom would love this card - I have my own house to keep up with LOL! No this was just an idea - I use to make cards when I was a kid (ha remember those construction paper cards... ) that had "coupons" in them for my parents as gifts. Some times they took me up on the job sometimes they didn't... was hoping my Dad didn't that time I gave him one to wash his car... but he did! And that Buick was huge!! LOL No I did this more for ideas for others.. they are really different and lots of fun for the kids - and well ... it gave me a chance to use my Darla image! If you haven't taken a look at all the fun Retro images from InStyle... take a moment to do so HERE they are really fun!


Well still on Donkey watch here.. Hubby has put me on lock down - someone needs to stay here at all times (especially since one is Vicki who lost her last baby) so no running around or errands.. both Vicki and Lacey are really miserable and I think ready to get these babies out standing on their own feet!

Have a great Wednesday -
HUGS and-

8 comments:

PaperSunshine said...

Do you have a video feed ot your computer on them? Just curious, I guess you would have to go out and look periodically to see what they are up to, unless you can see from your house. Lock-down doesn't sound like any fun! But necessary like you said :) I keep checking back- good luck!

Annie said...

Hi Michelle! well if you are locked down you might find time to craft in between checking on the donkeys - so not so bad eh! love today's card and wish I could have one of those house-cleaning vouchers! hugs, annie x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Great design Michelle and love the image and doodling, Sorry to hear about your lock down, Big Hugs, Nikki x

retiredheather said...

Great card Michelle. We breed Yorkies and Goldens and I end up doing the lock down as well. The good part is ... no time to do housework or cooking because you are busy waiting and watching.
Hugs
Heather

Jodi said...

Very cute Michelle! Love your design and the wording.
Hugs,
Jodi =)

jacque4u2c said...

This is just precious!

Kim Dellow said...

So pretty Michelle. I love the idea too :) Kim

Vicky said...

This is so cute Michelle- love the paper and your coloring is fantastic!