Thursday, May 28, 2009

MMMM...CHOCOLATE....MMM

Bugs again today!!! I just can't help it I am having so much fun with the new Alota Rubber Stamps releases this month! And today's is probably my favorite -Chocolate Dipped Bugs!! Ok.. so I don't plan to eat these bugs, but common how funny is that middle ones face?


I have started doing something a bit different with my coloring - my background is chalk - I do that first, reason being is then when I go and start coloring with my Copics, any of the chalk that has gone into the image is just colored away - I love how the background is soft, and hey it beats coloring the background with my Copics and trying to make it look even. After doing my Copic coloring I used Shimmerz to layer over my candy cups and then dimensional glaze for the yummy chocolate... looks really cool in person.
My card started with s chocolate colored Core'dinations card stock then a background of Bazzil Dotted Swiss, the pattern papers are DCWV Sweets paper stack - had to use them! The border is a Fiskar's border/embossed punch. I sewed everything down with a bright pink thread with both zig zag and straight stitches. Ran a piece of wide dark pink satin ribbon across the bottom as a back ground for my label .. yes that is a long piece of tape from my Label maker. The one large button for the top of the image. I just love this one, this image just makes me smile!
Gotta get outside.. I am back on donkey lock down... Yes Vicki is getting really close! (we think LOL)
Have a great Thursday!
HUGS and-

5 comments:

Helene said...

What a extra sweet card...love it

Hugs,
Helene

Ila said...

What a Yummy and Fabulous card!!...it makes me smile too...and now I want chocolate!!...Hmmm..Chalk background...now that is a great idea...did you stamp before or after you chalked the background??..Hugs, Ila

Cynde said...

Your card is so fun! Love the idea of the glazed layer over all of it. Also curious about the chalk back ground. Such Fun and chocolate too!!

Diamond Doll said...

OH what fab stamps and a brill card too!
Trish (-:

Ciacchina said...

com'รจ bella questa card!!!! veramente simpatica!