Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Spoon Full of Sugar - Touchy Feely

Hello - and Happy Spoon Full of Sugar Tuesday! Today's challenge is a fun one! The theme this week is Touchy Feely. We would love to see some texture on your cards.


For my card I went with soft Texture - And since things were all soft I thought that was a perfect time to use Alota Rubber Stamps new "Bassinet" - Isn't it just gorgeous? Perfect for a new baby card! Colored with my Copics, and the sentiment is a Cloud 9 epoxy sticker.
My card started with a white card base, then the pattern papers are from Doodlebug - the one is a flocked paper - very soft! I punched a Martha Stewart Large Valentine border down the right side, then added some white satin ribbon and a velour pink ribbon and velour pink flowers (more soft!)

Here is a close up of the flowers and the flocked paper... I know you are just wanting to touch aren't you? really soft!
Make sure you visit the Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge site and see all the different texture there from the DT.. then join in yourself! Another great prize this week from Silly Monkey Crafts!
Have a great Tuesday! (and no baby yet... but I am sticking close to home!)
HUGS and-

12 comments:

stampinfrog said...

So Cute! I bet the flocked paper feels so soft!
Hugs,Connie

Maria said...

Such a pretty card, Michelle. I really love the soft colors that you used. All the pinks are beautiful. . .and that border is perfect. What a wonderful "new baby" card. . . .perfect for a new mom!!

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

maria

Kelly Schelske said...

So very pretty Michelle, dainty and feminine, gorgeous!

Hugs, Kelly

Viv said...

Very sweet card and yes I can feel the texture from here!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh so beautiful Michelle and the flocked papers and flowers are gorgeous, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Nilla said...

Wow, this is so sweet and beautiful, great colouring on the image! hugs from Nilla

karen said...

beautiful card! i just love that heart edge

Cynde said...

I want to rub the card on my cheek, it looks so soft!! Looks just great! Thanks for the inspiration....I have a new Grand-Daughter due the end of July....so won't be long now. This card is perfect...

daisy said...

what a super duper cutie!

hugs
daisy

Lora said...

What a cute card. Love all the soft texture you have used. I really do want to touch it lol
Hugs Lora x

Helene said...

What a great card love the softness.

Hugs,
Helene

Janna said...

Michelle it is beautiful!!! I love the gorgeous pink flowers and the stick on sentiment! what a great idea! But that bassinett and the way you colored it in is just stunning! So, so sbeautiful! Perfect for a new baby girl!

smiles,
janna