Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Another Spoon Full of Sneak Peak HULA!

Seems like Tuesday's have been sneak peek day lately - and so again today my Spoon Full of Sugar is a chance to see an new image! Today it is The Greeting Farm's new Anya... HULA ANYA!!! Just in time for a Summer Luau... I love her! What do you think?
I hear tropical music, waves and am looking for a palm tree and a beach!!

I have colored her with my Copics - and then doodled around her.

Ok, now what do you think of the pattern papers? You are gonna love this... they are from The Greeting Farm! Yes, they are now making paper! And this is a collection of really YUMMY patterns that are heavy double sided paper! These two papers are from the first collection that has been released and the second collection is already coming!
Now for my card - you are probably wondering what the challenge is for Spoon Full of Sugar this week - well it is all Buttoned up! Buttons! And for me and Hula Anya... we found some gorgeous Mother of Pearl buttons!
For my flowers, I just couldn't find any that were the right colors and were perfect for Hula Anya... so I pulled out 4 white flowers, and sprayed them with my Copics and my air compressor. Took lots of ink cuz I wanted them to be really rich and dark, but oh I think it was so worth it!
Sorry today doesn't have all my steps... I am running so late - the air conditioner man is on his way... yep... no air - and that is a tragedy in Texas... I have been dying here. We got it to work for a while last night to cool it off a bit to sleep, but it already is acting up again this morning - so happy he said he could come first thing it is suppose to be 98 today!
Ok so please do make sure you visit all of the Club Anya Design Team (on my side bar) to see all of the wonderful sneak peeks of Hula Anya... and she has a friend that will be visiting for a sneak tomorrow... wink wink...
And then also make sure to visit A Spoon Full of Sugar - Lots of adorable Button creations that are just wonderful to see - and a great prize up for grabs!
Have a great Tuesday -
HUGS and-

15 comments:

Annie said...

fab card Michelle, love the cutie and the red and green tropical colours - and those pearl buttons are straight off my t-shirt! hugs, annie x

Janna said...

Michelle this is amazing!! I just love the papers! I never would have thought to use this paper but it is perfect and those mother of pearl buttons are amazing! So, so awesome!!! Great job on the coloring and the flowers and sentiment! So fun and tropical!

Smiles,
janna

ribenaruby said...

Brilliant summery papers and fab image!

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous Michelle so bright and funky,Hugs Debbie x

Jessica Diedrich said...

Michelle this is JUST gorgeous! I love the TGF papers you used and the way you colored Hula Anya in esp the flowers. This is just beautiful!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh she is gorgeous Michelle and just loving the colours and fab details, Hugs, Nikki x

Rach said...

Gorgeous Michelle, love those papers. hope that you get your air conditioning sorted.. xxx

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Michelle, love those buttons, they are so very pretty!! Fun paper and yet another adorable Anya!!

Love it!

Hugs, Kelly

Karen said...

Gorgeous card Michelle and what great colours - just perfect with this image. I really need to get my hands on this one as my aunt who now lives in California was brought up in Hawaii and this would just be perfect for her next birthday.
Karen x

Cynde said...

Michelle this card is so beautiful! I love all the rich deep colors. Your flower is so great. Love that you made it so deep a color. You'll be refilling that pen soon....tee hee. But it was so worth it! I love how you put the stripes faceing out all the way around...like a quilt, Beautiful!

DawnMarie said...

Hi Michelle, oh I love this image its just beautiful and I love the papers, hope they arrive here soon. Hope baby Caliente is doing well. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

WickedPixie said...

Michelle! This is so pretty! I love how you used TGF papers with this image (I would have never thought of them together, but they are just great!) The flowers that you painted are the perfect touch! Gorgeous! :-) Traci

Risa said...

Super cute card Michelle! Your image is a cutie and I love your color combo!
hugs
Risa:)

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW!!! LOVE this card! Those buttons are to die for!!!!!! LOVE the colours!!! makes me long for a vacation to Hawaii (never been there!!)

Mary Giles said...

How fun! I love how well those flowers and buttons go with the theme.