Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day -

A quick post today, we are BBQ later today and I was not planning it - so I am running around like a crazy person... Hubby got a new "pit" and so he was excited to use it - I'll try and get a photo of it... SERIOUS pit man!

I thought today I would show a card that I made last month for the Stampavie Newsletter. Many of you may have seen it there - so sorry if it is a "re-run" for you. But I just had to put it here on my blog too ;0) -

Funny this is one of my favorite Leere Aldrich images ... I don't like coffee.. LOL, but I just love coloring this image - I think it is that little table and chairs - I wish I had a set like that for my patio. I have colored with my Copics, and doodled the edges. The papers are Bazzil card stock, bling and dotted swiss, with a small piece of DCWV Nana's Nursery pattern. The scallop border is from Martha Stewart. Now those ribbons... are they perfect or what!! I nearly screamed when I saw them at JoAnn's - I think they were made for this image.. actually they were designed by Debbie Mum for her line of products, but hey they really do match this one well too - And the sentiment is a perfect Leere Aldrich sentiment for two girlfriends having a chat over a cup of coffee!


I do hope you have a great Monday - Memorial Day here in the States. Take time to think about someone that has serves your country - past, present or future -

HUGS and-

6 comments:

Ila said...

I love this card!!...the stamps are Fabulous...and your coloring and DM ribbon looks Wonderful!!..Have a Great Day and BBQ!!...Hugs, Ila

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, love the fun image and the papers are just beautiful. Hope you are having a great day. Hugs Nikki x

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww this is tooo sweet hun!!!! Love how you colored the coffee mugs with the copics, you made that coffee look very yummy:) Now I might just have to go and make some fresh coffee:)

Congratulations on hubby's new BBQ PIT!!!:) that is great he will BBQ im sure some yummy food:) Well I do hope you have a wonderful Memorial day!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Cazzy said...

Happy Memorial day, what is it commemerating? We had a bank holiday over here in England so no work, well for a lot of people but the shops still open some of the day.

Cazzy x

Maria said...

Awesome card Michelle! The image is perfect for a girlfriend card. Such a fun card!! Awesome job on your coloring! Love all the stitches!! Hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day!

Maria

TA Carbone said...

Good Morning Michelle. Again I want to give you the Karma Award. Please visit my website at this direct link to read all about it. http://carbonescorner.blogspot.com/2009/05/and-karma-award-goes-to.html

Enjoy your day and hope you had a wonderful day yesterday

TA
http://carbonescorner.blogspot.com