Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Alota PCP Blue Birthday Challenge -

A new Papercraft Planet Alota Group Challenge has started - and this time it is DT member Susan's turn to host - she decided a color/theme challenge so we are asked to make Blue Birthday cards. Helene, the owner of ALOTA RUBBER STAMPS, just sent me a few new stamps... and one is this adorable new bug stamps called "The Sterners" named for her daughter's family... they just had an adorable baby boy! Welcome ALAN!



So I knew I just had to color up and use this new stamp... but the theme was a birthday card. Well I stretched the theme just a bit - LOL This is a Happy BIRTH-day card!


I started by coloring my image with a chalk background and my copics, then I stickled the bugs wings. I sewed down the image to a Daisy D's solid blue paper, the same paper I used as the mat on the white card stock base. I found a scrap white with blue dot paper in my stash, gorgeous sparkled dots! I think this is DCWV.. I think. The border is a new EK Success punch, then used a satin blue ribbon as a band.

My sentiment is computer generated, then three felt flowers with jewelry spacers and mini brads. I like my BIRTH-day card...

I hope you will stop by and visit the Alota PCP Group - and join in on our challenges.. Helene sends out some wonderful prizes to the winners!
Well off to get Wednesday going - Hubby is back at work today so I might actually get some of my chores done today! LOL Have a wonderful day -
HUGS and-

12 comments:

Helene said...

Sweet and beautiful card with the Sterner family...Michelle your card is perfect.

Love ya,
Helene

Penni said...

Wow, love this Michelle. The image is so cute, and I love the glitter on the bees wings.

Hugs
Penni
X

Unknown said...

what a cute card love them huggy bees....this reminds me of something when iwas younger i will be here all day wondering what it reminded me off...just on the tip of my tongue....no good it wont jump out...but its so so very beautifully cute hugs sassyx

Happy Crafter said...

Awe the image is adorable,fab card and great colouring as always perfect:)
Hugzz Val xxx

Tab said...

Ooooh super delish card sweetie, love the image and the layout is fab!
Hugs Tab xxx

Riet said...

Wowwww Michelle,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous colours.

Hugs Riet.x

June said...

How cute is that i love this beautifully crafted card. Hugs June xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle ,
What a cute bee card!
I nominated you for a pretty blog award! You can check it out on my blog.
Hugs!

Sharon said...

Beautiful card Michele, you did the stamp proud. Love the bright bugs.

Risa said...

Super cute card and adorable image Michelle! I love your image and all the detailing to your card.
hugs
Risa:)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous card sweetie, fabulous colouring .. hugs rachxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card Michelle, love the cute image and all the pretty detail. Hugs Nikki x