Sunday, June 28, 2009

MichJay Challenge #2 AND a BRAND NEW SARAH KAY PREVIEW!!!!

JayJay and I had a special request for our MichJay Challenge!! We were so thrilled with the response we got from our first challenge HERE - and then the people from http://www.create4fun.nl/ asked us to work with something special this time, and once I saw what they asked up to work with I was really excited to add an extra challenge this month!! I just adore Hearts!! And this is the cutest little 3-d heart box, super simple to put together and I think just perfect for anyone!
Now it was hard to photograph, I need to add something to hang things from in my photo tent! Anyway I cut out the template (again from http://www.create4fun.nl/ ) from I believe My Minds Eye papers, the only name I can find now on my scraps is TresJolie - I think that was a line of theirs.
I used the backside solid and cut a smaller heart, then again the pattern side for a stacked even smaller heart, that is all sewed together with a zig zag stitch. The lace is sewed on around the edge of the box before I put it together. I added a small piece to the sides as a handle, and then a band across the middle of the heart to have my image sit on. One of my MIL crocheted flowers matched PERFECTLY, with a jewelry spacer mini brad and two Martha Stewart frond leaf punches. The sentiment is from Heidi Grace, an epoxy sticker on white card stock then cut out.
Ok... I can hear you squealing... yes THAT IS A BRAND NEW SARAH KAY IMAGE from Stampavie!!!!! How adorable is she??? You will be seeing previews from all of the Stampavie DT the next few weeks and they will be appearing in stores really soon!!!!! She is so new I don't even have her name yet - but I was just dying to color her up and use her as soon as she arrived!

I hope you liked my MICHJAY Challenge, I adore the 3-d heart box - You now must visit JayJay and see her box, it is just so precious! Then why not join the http://www.create4fun.nl/ newsletter/blog and set the template yourself!! Super easy and Super cute!
Have a great Sunday!
HUGS and -

16 comments:

Lynda Nielsen said...

Wow Michelle, this is just TOO CUTE for words, and I have to admit, this new Sarah Kay image is darling. I'm so skeptical of Sarah Kay stamps, because I have about 6 of them now that are so sticky and just don't ink well. They never did. How was this new one for inking? Did you have any struggle with it?
Thanks for sharing your gorgeous heart box. =)
Hugs
Lynda =)

Tracey said...

This is incredible Michelle! I just love it!

Janis Lewis said...

Love her clothes coloring!

Penni said...

Oh wow - I love this little bag, it's so sweet.

It would be perfect for party favours.

Hugs
Penni
X

Jóna said...

Wow Michelle, this is just adorable piece of craft !!!!!!!

Nilla said...

It's adorable, love it, love it! Hugs Nilla

Riet said...

What a beautiful BagMichelle,l love the stamp and colours.
So goegeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Tab said...

Wowee, just love your heart box, absolutely gorgeous! The new SK image is adorable, can't wait to see more of those!
Hugs Tab xxx

Unknown said...

This is fab, I love those colours, can't wait to see more of those new stamps!! Thank's for sharing, x

Moni said...

This is so fab gorgeous,ansd the image is absolutley adorable! Hugs, Moni

Rach said...

a wonderful creation fabulous papers and your image is so sweet. hugs rachxx

Diamond Doll said...

Fab Heart box and the new Sarah kaye stamp is just so sweet.
Trish (-:

retiredheather said...

Wowzer Michele! This is just too fantastic. Love the colors and the new image is super. I have to check out how to make this one.
Hugs
Heather

Karin said...

Just too cute michelle.
Lovely papers and adorable image. TFS.

Hugs,
xoxo Karin

Annie said...

I want! I want! now she's just what I need to get back into stamping and colouring!
hugs, annie x

stephanne said...

I did squeal a little, lol. Your creations are amazing, and this little bag with that adorable new image is cuteness overload!! I love your lace and crochet bloom, they look perfect together, your sewing on the heart is so complimentary, and of course, beautiful colouring!!
Stephanie