Monday, June 22, 2009

Bee My Friend -

Alota has released more BUGS!!!! I just love these bugs and the new images are really really wonderful! Just wait until you see the patriotic line!!! (mine are on the way to me he he)

I love this set of bugs.. how sweet cutting a rose for a friend. And is actually called "The Cutting Rose Bugs" I colored with my copics, then used Shimmerz to give the rose and the bees some sparkle. That was hard to capture on film... I also stamped out the image twice and cut the rose out and pop dotted it off the main image to make it stand out front.
For my card I started with a really pretty shimmer card stock I found at Joann's last week called Jemstones. Reminds me of Bazzill Bling... heck may be the same stuff but it was on sale at Joann's 6 for 96cents.. so I really liked this one ;0) -Then the pattern paper is GCD Studios Cloisonnne collection, really pretty colors in this collection. I matted each pattern with a white card stock and then sewed together with a shiny white thread. I created a band across the middle with one of the patterns and two pieces of EK Success scallop border punches. The buttons are from SEI, love that they are little flowers.
The sentiment is from Heidi Grace - "bee my Friend" how perfect is that!! It is a clear epoxy sticker that I backed with a scrap of the Jemstone card stock.

Hope you like my Bee card -and that you will take a minute to see all the new bug images at Alota Rubber Stamps! Oh my they are too cute!

Well better get outside and feed the donkeys and make sure all the water buckets are full for the day - It is suppose to be 101 degrees here today so I like to make sure every bucket is clean and full at the start of the day. Then I'll go out again mid afternoon and make sure they still have water.

Hope you have a wonderful Monday -
HUGS and-

12 comments:

Dawn said...

How cute is this - gorgeous bees.. and love the paper you have used..

Heidi said...

OHhhh Michelle I really love this card. It so sweet and you have colored it so beautiful

Hugs and love
Heidi

Happy Crafter said...

Awe the image is so cute and coloured to perfection, i love how you made the rose 3d too, gorgeous papers :)
Hugzz val xxx

CraftyC said...

Aww, what a cute card and I love the new stamp. Great work Michele!
Clairex

DawnMarie said...

Hi Michelle, what a sweet card, I really love the Alota bugs they're so cute. Fab papers you've used too. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Saskia said...

Beautiful card!!!! So sweet, so lovely!!

Saskia :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Michelle,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Cazzy said...

So cute, I have some bee stamps and I must use them, not as cute as yours which is cutting the flower stem though!

Cazzy x

MiamiKel said...

What an absolutely adorable card! The image is soooo sweet and paired together with the colors of your DSP, so nice!

Maris said...

very cut card en lovely paper xx love from maris

Karin said...

Hi Michelle,

what a gorgeous card.
Love your colouring on this cute image.
And those papers are so very beautifull.

Hugs,
xoxo Karin

Vicki G said...

Pretty! Love your sparkly flower~!

Vicki